Corsair Community

Corsair Link wont work.. [H100i]

Alkaline

Hi,

Got the H100i 2 days ago, but I never managed to get the Corsair LINK software to work.. It doesnt shows coolant temp, it only shows my standard temperatures that I can monitor on E.x Thermal Radar...

2 fans are present in Corsair LINK, one for my GPU, and one called "ASUSTEK Motherboard AUX" something... It indicates that its running at ~2.3k RPM everytime, but it doesnt... I have it on 20% in Thermal Radar. Even Thermal Radar indicates that its running at 2.3k rpm.. But still, it also indicates 20%...

What the heck is this? I cant change anything at all in the Corsair LINK software... Except chassi images, lol..

CPU Pump power cable is connected to a power-SATA cable.

3pin cable is connected to CPU fan header on the motherboard

Mini-USB connected on CPU pump, and to USB 2.0 header on motherboard

Y-cable is connected to the CPU pump, and both of the radiator fans.

Hardware

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

AMD FX-8320

R9 270x

Cooler Master G650M 650watt PSU

EDIT!!

Well.. I edited the registry after a guide, changed enhanced power and something like D3p etc, all to 0 (Zero). After that, Corsair LINK detects my H100i, and it even asked me to update it. I did it.

But still, I cannot change jack ****, and it still indicates that my motherboard AUX fan is 2.3k RPM...

No issues anymore, haha. I managed to get it to work! :) I dont know what I did actually, I just did another shutdown of the pc, I switched USB header cable _again_, but.. I did a new thing aswell. I changed the Y-cable position to the connector right next to it..

Well, it works now. I can control my fans, and I can control my pump :) Btw, should the pump go full blast 24/7, or..?

I can control my fans,

That's good.

and I can control my pump :)

This is not. Even if you could control the pump RPM, you should not mess with it.

Btw, should the pump go full blast 24/7, or..?

Yes. The primary function of the radiator is to cool the water. Getting the hot water out of the water block and to the radiator and cool water from the radiator into the water block is of the greatest importance. The fans are essentially secondary and assist the energy transfer of the radiator. If you defeat the design by slowing the pump, the thermal depth (energy capacity) of the radiator and its ability to transfer heat to the air will be compromised. Don't do it, period.

Archived