Corsair Community

CUE software causing sound issue IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

I noticed that while flying IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 that I would lose all engine sounds when flying a jet shortly after looking forward (out to 45 degrees right, left, up, down). If I turned my head past 45 degrees the sound comes back, but disappears 5-10 seconds after looking forward. This problem occurred when I flew the P-39 (engine behind the pilot) as well, but the sound does not completely disappear, just gets a lot quieter. This occured in the stock game as well as modded versions of the game. This issue does not occur when flying an airplane with the engine in front regardless of the direction I look.

This has been annoying for a while. :(: I played around with the game config.ini thinking it was some game setting, but I finally got this phenomenon to stop when I turned off the CUE software. The sound no longer disappears when I turn my head. The problem is that I can't use the CUE software while playing the game unless I want to lose the sound of any engine installed behind the pilot and my keyboard. profiles no longer work with the cue software off.

I also noticed that the in game music while on the user interface pages would change volumes ever so slightly (not as drastic as when in the cockpit with an engine behind the pilot) without any changes of input from me.

I don't play any other games on the computer so I don't have a comparison to test.

Windows 7 64 bit

Corsair Void RGB 7.1 surround wireless head set

Corsair Strafe RGB (chrerry red) Keyboard

It sure does matter if I want to have surround sound. It helps hearing sounds from a particular direction, Flak, other airplane engines, bullet damage on a part of the plane.

The choices are dolby digital 7.1 surround sound or simple 2 channel stereo.

I wish the software had an additional 5.1 choice like the version of headphones I had before an RMA replaced them with the void rgb headset.

How do I know if the headset is toggled to doby 7.1 or stereo. I see no visible cues on the mic led's. When I hold the toggle in (long) I here two beeps, one set loud and the other soft. There is no explanation in the user manual on how to tell which sound indicates stereo and which indicates dobly 7.1.

The only reason I have the Void RGB is because Corsair RMA'd my HD2100 because the plastic connection to band over the top of the head broke. I was very happy with the HD2100's (stereo/5.1/7.1).

I just went upstairs and experimented with cue software by holding the volume rocker switch/toggle (short press) EQ Presets/toggle (long) Stereo Headphone/Dolby Headphone:

Toggle Stereo

Low sound of beep, beep then second low sound of beep, beep then mic led flashes red

Toggle Dolby Headphones

High sound of beep, beep then second low sound beep, beep then mic flashes red

This sound and visual indication should really be explained in the manual like it does for toggling the EQ Presets.

I will go and test it in IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 now that I know how to test it.

I already knew how to toggle the EQ presets (up to five)

Just tested in game and made sure I was in Dolby Headphones mode in cue using FPS preset. I lose almost all engine sound after a few seconds when looking forward in planes with engines located directly behind the pilot.

Toggled to Stereo Headphone in cue and engine sound remains when I look forward, but lose ability to pinpoint direction of a sound.

I can choose headphone, stereo, quadraphonic, surround for game sound setup. I have tried all and get the same result. Going to try earlier cue software versions.

IL-2 Sturmovik supports the below modes:

Headphones

Desktop Speakers

Quadrophonic

Surround

Now according to Corsair James in another post from 2015 the drivers were updated in the cue software so that the Void can detect 5.1 surround (or words to that effect) for games prior to 2011 which detected surround sound differently than today's games.

So the game supports surround sound.

Engines in front of the pilot(Corsair, Hellcat, Mustang, Warhawk etc.) sound continuously even when I rotate my head to look to the rear. When I am in a jet or a P-39 with the engine behind the pilot after a very short period of time the engine sound disappears when I am looking forward. If I look right left or behind the engine sound returns and then disappears. If I shoot the guns while looking forward the engine sound returns then disappears.

Archived