Corsair Community

RMA # 5270027 - What is happening?

Rassal

Hi,

Today marks the 14 days that i requested an RMA, in fact, it's more than that, almost 3 weeks, 14 days ago is when i was told Corsair was back order on my product to process my RMA, and to wait before sending it in.

Now, i replied like 2-3 times through emails, checked online, nothing goes forward. I was told it would be by end of week like 2 weeks ago that they would stock up again... to no avail...

What is happening? Is the break ratio on this H80 cooler too high you can't stock enough to cover warranty and RMA? I would like to get it replaced, as i have no computer since this broke down, i might go buy another solution and trash this one out as Corsair is letting me down totaly here... If you don`t have enough stocks, then why not replace it for an H80i?

OK... now I am really upset... (Thanks Ram Guy, whenever you told me someone would email me, or someone would call me, it always happened like you said... if you keep reading, note that your Company just don't care how they handle customer service... they just don't... and they can't do math either... )

Here's the thing...

I was indeed contacted by Corsair, which explained me that I would benefit from an advanced RMA, and all I needed was to provide my credit card number.

Which I did... this was like last Monday... they got me a tracking number like Tuesday, and it was shipped using UPS... damn, not UPS... I should expect custom duties... because UPS charges fraudulent custom duties from almost anything coming from the united states...

Now, I have to say that I shipped out my defective H80 as requested, as I have to weeks to ship it to avoid my credit card being charged 118$. So I sent it out expedited parcel which cost me 26$.

Now. today, UPS showed up to the door, with the replacement H80... false joy... because they asked me to pay C.O.D. custom duties for over 40$... which I refused to pay, because I will not pay custom duties on a warranty replacement product, those custom and duties were already paid when I bought the H80 originally...

Now what you have to know is that I could, at all time, get a brand new H80 from DirectCanada.com (where I bought mine) for like 85$....

Now if I would have paid those custom duties of 40+$ and combine this to shipping of the bad unit, it would bring the cost to get a replacement product (WHICH IS UNDER WARRANTY) to a whopping 66+$... and I could get one new one delivered to my door for 85$...

WHAT IS THE POINT OF A WARRANTY if it cost almost the same to replace a defective unit... I FEEL ROBBED HERE... I am totally pissed off...

Now I refused the UPS package, it will get shipped back, and I REALLY hope corsair will have to pay the custom/duties that I refused to pay only to get the replacement H80 I refused. I also replied to Sandra that if I ever get charged 118$ on my credit card, I will call my credit call company and just report the transaction from corsair as a fraud, they will directly refund me my money.

I can't belive that I am getting SUCH crappy service from Corsair... I will NEVER buy another Corsair product EVER AGAIN for my whole life, and worst, I will also spread the word to ANY of my customers to NEVER buy anything from them, because if they ever have problem, they might have to go through all this.

Now... I got out, and bought myself another CPU cooler, as i am out of a PC for almost a month now, only because of Corsair un-professional customer service.

I am totally pissed off, up to a point that i don't want to invest any energy back in this. I just can't believe that i am doing this... Paid 85$ for an H80 cooler, it got defective, and paid 26$ to ship it back... and just plain abandon here, because i lost too much energy trying to just get a replacement unit... i also had to call Corsair and pay for long distance calling, which cost me around 10$...

This brings the cost of a defective H80, that i don't have anymore to a whoopin 121$ and i still don't have a cooler... and that's only if i don't get charged 118$ over it for the Advanced RMA that i refused to pay duty which will probably get returned VERY SLOWLY to Corsair... if it ever happends, this corsair adventure, of trying to use an H80 will have cost me 239$, left me out of a working PC for over a month, and just plain feel robbed..

ANYONE that reads this... if you are outside the USA, (Canada like me) AVOID CORSAIR PRODUCTS, as if the product fails, it will cost you more than a brand new unit to get it replaced...

If someone from Corsair reads this... do whatever you want to do with it... but you won't gain my loyalty again, EVER... this was the last draw... you had a chance, but totally blew it.

My Original RMA# was 5270027 but got superseded with RMA# 1284114

This is the tracking of my package i refused:

UPS Tracking

P.S.: UPS says that i just didn't want the order, and that i refused it. This is not true, i wanted the delivery, but refused to pay Custom Duties on a C.O.D format of over 40$, which is why i refused it.

Have a nice day!

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but you should not have to pay any fees that I am aware of but it would be best to speak with our customer service about this. I really dont have anything to do with shipping especially international shipping. I would suggest calling the toll free number listed under contact on our main site and ask to speak to a manager in our customer service. And I would use SKYPE to call that number as it will be a free call.

I will send them a message to contact you but it may be faster for you to call them.

EDIT I just had a long discussion with the Customer service manager and he is looking into this case now to see what can be done.

Please clarify a few things for me please.

1. Did you refuse the most current package?

2. Did you accept the package and pay the Duty?

I am sorry but I am not clear on that from your post and if that was the previous shipment that you refused!

The shipment i refused is the one that was sent to me today. Corsair only sent me one replacement...

The confusion is taking place because Corsair shipped and advance replacement to me, and at the same time, i shipped the defective unit back.

So the one i refused is the one UPS asked for duties/custom on it, and it was refused today at around 4:16pm EST.

• Corsair Employee

Rassal,

I just spoke to the customer service manager and he has informed me that they have finished their investigation and it was found to be an error on UPS's side there should not have been any charges to you.

I am sorry but that was beyond our control.

Do you want us to have it resent back to you?

• Corsair Employee
We will try to have that unit redelivered to you and there should not be any charge to you if they do ask you to pay anything then please refuse it and let me know I will be jumping in someones behind with a size 11 Boot. Complete with HD Skulls! :cool:

We will try to have that unit redelivered to you and there should not be any charge to you if they do ask you to pay anything then please refuse it and let me know I will be jumping in someones behind with a size 11 Boot. Complete with HD Skulls! :cool:

OUCH1!

thats a side of you ive never seen on here,,im just glad you arent referring to me:D:

hd skulls :eek:

Rassal,

I just spoke to the customer service manager and he has informed me that they have finished their investigation and it was found to be an error on UPS's side there should not have been any charges to you.

I am sorry but that was beyond our control.

Do you want us to have it resent back to you?

Why do people use UPS? They're such f**kUPS. I had an RMA with Thermaltake for my Water 2.0 Extreme and the replacement I received was completely ruined. I ditched Thermaltake. I have no patience for incompetent companies that use incompetent services for their customers. Corsair is close to being ditched too.

This is why 95% of people doing business on Ebay don't use UPS anymore... speaks for itself... why do people still use UPS and still do business with UPS, i wonder myself. Each and everytime i am doing business with a company, my 1st question is, who's your carrier? And if they are only using UPS, i stop right there, and carry my business elsewhere... Sometimes, you can't, for example, for customer support/service, and warranty replacement, we can't really select who we want to carry our replacement...

Hi again Ram Guy,

Sounds like Corsair received my defective H80 as of yesterday, i got the notification from Canada Post it was delivered.

Now, on another note, i still haven`t received my H80 replacement... ever since i refused UPS package last week because of brokerage fees, it`s stuck under "Receiver refused package, UPS will contact shipper".

Now, the shipper is Corsair, and i was told last friday that it would be re-delivered. From what i can see, it`s delaying... and with -10 celcius degrees here, i wonder if it won`t have frozen and the liquid in it has some sort of anti-freeze... otherwise, it might just leak if it`s sitting in a truck somewhere, waiting to be delivered...

Can Corsair check out with UPS to see when they expect to deliver this.

Archived