Corsair Community

Lighting issues - maybe HD fans, may be Lighting Node Pro, may be RGB hub

objectathand

Hi all - I reconfigured my setup from this: https://imgur.com/v09Beoj

To this: https://imgur.com/YH5nmDq

Essentially, I replaced two LL120's with two HD120's on one of my radiators (I kept an LL120 for another purpose). I adjusted the configuration on both RGB hubs to make sure 1) the fans are connected in order and 2) only the same type of fan is connected to a single hub (i.e., all LL's on one hub, all HD's on another hub).

As you can see in the second diagram, three of the HD fans (only one of which is new) aren't lighting up correctly. On system start, they'll pick up whatever default iCue profile is assigned, and for a few minutes, they'll change and adjust whenever I change the color scheme. But after that, they will be stuck on whatever the last scheme is and they will not animate at all. They essentially freeze in position, on, but unchanging.

I checked on the connections and changed the Lighting Node Pro USB from one Commander Pro header to the other. But no dice. The PWM fan control from the Commander pro works just fine, it's only the lighting. And it's not like the two-RGB-Hub setup is new. I was using it just fine before. The only change is the fan configuration.

Any thoughts?

Take Fan 1 and swap it with port 4. What happens?

Thanks for the very simple diagnostic suggestion. Didn't even occur to me, I've been staring at this for so long...

The new "Fan 1" (previously Fan 4) works fine now. Fans 2, 3, & New 4 (previously Fan 1) are still acting strangely. So at the very least, I think it's an RGB hub issue.

That said, what's different now is that Fan 2 will engage and disengage. If I enter Lighting Setup, the yellow light turns on and off.

What's also different now is that, unlike before, all three of the non-working fan LED's will re-engage and pick up whatever profile I have it set to. They still engage and disengage - meaning any animation will sometimes freeze - but it eventually catches back up.

I can get a good sense of the timing of how they engage and re-engage when I use Instant Lighting. Fans 2, 3, and 4 may not switch to that color immediately. So essentially, the signal that is going to those fans is being interrupted for some reason, but eventually, it reconnects.

If the behavior were exactly the same as before, but for the switched fans, I would think it's an RGB Hub issue. I'm worried there is also something else going on because they eventually "catch up." But I think the first thing to do is replace the relatively inexpensive RGB Hub.

Thoughts on this?

Edit: Nevermind, now all three stopped responding as they did before (2, 3, and New 4). It just took a bit longer than it did before. I'm guessing RGB Hub.

Edited by objectathand

Then swap fan #2.

It is extremely uncommon that it's the hub; it's far more common that it is one of the fans. The fans daisy-chain the RGB signal from one to the next to the next ... this is where we see most of the issues.

The hub is a super-simple, super-dumb device with a capacitor and traces.

Ok. I'm having an issue and I don't know if I did my setup correctly?... I have 8 Fans in total, my problem is (6x 120mm) don't lightup only (2x 140mm) and that's on the NZXT AIO.

I purchased (2x Tripple Pack 120mm QL Series Fans) and (1x Pack Double 140mm QL Series) each box comes with a small (iCUE Lighting Node CORE Controller) each 6 Fan Connector with (2x cable one for Sata Power and the other USB 2.0) Now please bare with me trying to explain the setup:

Obviously I had to buy The Commander Pro, now I have all 6x 120mm (4pin Power Cable) connected to the Commander Pro inorder to control the Speed and then I connected the 2x (iCUE Lighting Node CORE Controller) to the Commander Pro via the (2x USB connectors on the Pro) so I connect 6x RGB cables to one of the (Lighting Node CORE Controller) and then the 2x 140mm on the other (Lighting Node CORE Controller).

On the iCUE Software everything is showing working, except that the 6x 120mm fans are not Lighting up?? I can control the 6x 120mm fan speeds, again the iCUE is showing the 6x 120mm fans RGB running, but not on the actual case??... I'm confused

What's working on iCUE with no issues

-Corsair K70 keyboard.

-ST100 RGB Premium Headset Stand.

-Corsair Vegeance RGB Pro.

-2x 140mm QL Series Fan.

Please help me with this situation.

Ok. I'm having an issue and I don't know if I did my setup correctly?... I have 8 Fans in total, my problem is (6x 120mm) don't lightup only (2x 140mm) and that's on the NZXT AIO.

I purchased (2x Tripple Pack 120mm QL Series Fans) and (1x Pack Double 140mm QL Series) each box comes with a small (iCUE Lighting Node CORE Controller) each 6 Fan Connector with (2x cable one for Sata Power and the other USB 2.0) Now please bare with me trying to explain the setup:

Obviously I had to buy The Commander Pro, now I have all 6x 120mm (4pin Power Cable) connected to the Commander Pro inorder to control the Speed and then I connected the 2x (iCUE Lighting Node CORE Controller) to the Commander Pro via the (2x USB connectors on the Pro) so I connect 6x RGB cables to one of the (Lighting Node CORE Controller) and then the 2x 140mm on the other (Lighting Node CORE Controller).

On the iCUE Software everything is showing working, except that the 6x 120mm fans are not Lighting up?? I can control the 6x 120mm fan speeds, again the iCUE is showing the 6x 120mm fans RGB running, but not on the actual case??... I'm confused

What's working on iCUE with no issues

-Corsair K70 keyboard.

-ST100 RGB Premium Headset Stand.

-Corsair Vegeance RGB Pro.

-2x 140mm QL Series Fan.

Please help me with this situation.

Ok, Updates: I was switching the RGB cables around and

I got 5 out of 6 120mm fans to work, but the last one not lighting up???