Corsair Community

Commander pro strange behavior

bsanders03

I am having some strange behavior with my commander pro. It was having my fans under my commander pro operating at 1700ish rpms. Temps didn't seem to be high, the system was just at idle.

Then, out of nowhere, the commander pro no longer shows the "performance" option in icue. It shows the other options, just not performance.

I tried reinstalling icue, it worked, then it messed up again.

Could this be a bad commander pro, or what else could be causing this

Are you running any other monitoring software?

This behaviour is usually seen when programs like HWiNFO are run at the same time as iCUE.

With HWiNFO, there is a checkbox for 'Corsair and Asetek' that should be disabled if you want to run them in tandem.

Yes. It did happen during that. But also the commander pro disappeared prior to that when doing other normal operations.

Also, the fans speeds seem to not be adjusting when change them from quiet to any other setting. Just kind of seems like erratic behavior.

Is the most recent update buggy?

Also my keyboard. K 70 is not updating either. It goes to load firmware then the keyboard disappears from ICUE until I restart computer.

As mentioned above, running HWiNFO, AIDA, etc. is going to cause issues. Specifically for HWiNFO, make sure you use the "portable" version that retracts the driver when not in use. The other may cause problems even if not actively running. Once they cross swords, you usually need to quit both down to every process and restart (or just restart the PC). There are some settings you can uncheck to minimize interaction, but I still get errant data now and then with them anyway if trying to run both. You don't need to be running dual monitoring programs anyway. That's a lot of polling.

The Quiet-Balanced-Extreme profiles in the Commander Pro are erratic by nature because they are directly tied to CPU temperature, which is itself erratic on any recent Lake CPU. Get off of them. There is no reason to buy a software fan controller and then let it sit on CPU temp. Good immediately replacement control sensor choices are GPU temp or coolant temperature (H1xxi Temp). To access this, click the + in the performance tab to create a new "cooling mode". This is your custom curve. You can have endless versions. Move the points to appropriate levels for that sensor choice.

The most control and efficiency can be had by using the temperature probes from the Commander Pro as the control variable. This does require more experimentation with both placement and range discovery, but is worthwhile once you are ready. Case fans regulate air temperature. They won't change you CPU or GPU temp. Putting a probe at the rear exhaust, top exhaust, or anywhere else you wish to collect data will give you a more meaningful set of numbers to work with. Most people blast their case fans too hard, thinking it will have a major effect on the big hardware. This is rarely true.

If your keyboard is having trouble with the current firmware, my suggestion is to leave it alone. There is nothing in there that is critical for use. Too many times there have been issues with firmware uploads and people become very persistent about forcing it. That can lead to hardware failure. Wait it out. You can post your current version and we can tell you if it there really is an update or not. False updates happen occasionally as well.

Edited by c-attack