Corsair Community

Corsair H100i Windows 10 Support?

Oblivion2500

Hi all, I read that H100i has trouble with Windows 8/8.1 with it's drivers and software not working correctly. I don't use Windows 8/8.1 (I use Windows 7). I am getting ready to upgrade to Windows 10 in a few weeks. Will Corsair update the H100i drivers/software for Windows 10? Will it work fine even if they don't update it?

• Corsair Employee

Right now Corsair Link has problems running under Windows 10 that have been logged and need to be solved.

My hope is that CL4, with its rearchitected code base, will solve the majority of existing problems with the Link software. For now, in Windows 10 I would advise against relying on Link.

Right now Corsair Link has problems running under Windows 10 that have been logged and need to be solved.

My hope is that CL4, with its rearchitected code base, will solve the majority of existing problems with the Link software. For now, in Windows 10 I would advise against relying on Link.

Do it even need? Will my Corsair H100i cooler work fine without the software?

Wait, so CL will get an update to address the Win10 issue?

• Corsair Employee

So I've actually received a new branch of Link internally for testing that is supposed to fix a host of problems, specifically fixing H100i and H80i detection and Windows 10 compatibility. I haven't had a chance to test it personally yet, but I know it's going through validations right now.

I'm not going to promise the world - this build is still in the CL3 family - but I'm optimistic.

So I've actually received a new branch of Link internally for testing that is supposed to fix a host of problems, specifically fixing H100i and H80i detection and Windows 10 compatibility. I haven't had a chance to test it personally yet, but I know it's going through validations right now.

I'm not going to promise the world - this build is still in the CL3 family - but I'm optimistic.

H110i GTX?

@ShiftyEffect

The original Hydro Series i coolers.

@Oblivion250

The H100i will work fine without the software installed. Though without the software, you will not be able to change the LED colour and do any fan speed adjustments.

@ShiftyEffect

The original Hydro Series i coolers.

@Oblivion250

The H100i will work fine without the software installed. Though without the software, you will not be able to change the LED colour and do any fan speed adjustments.

So if I install Windows 10, it will work fine without the CL software? I never even used the Corsair Link software for 2 years until I realized that 2 weeks ago I could use it to adjust the fan speed and LED colors.

So we should expect a major update release by July 29th or end of the month before August? Corsair Link 4.0 or 3.6 (or something like that)?

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and installed CL v3.2.5676. After the install, I received a prompt to upgrade the firmware of one of my devices, which I can only assume was the H100i. After rebooting, CL no longer saw the H100i fans, temp or LED.

I checked Device Manager and discovered that the cooler is now showing under the USB Controllers as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".

Anyone have any ideas how can I fix this issue?

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and installed CL v3.2.5676. After the install, I received a prompt to upgrade the firmware of one of my devices, which I can only assume was the H100i. After rebooting, CL no longer saw the H100i fans, temp or LED.

I checked Device Manager and discovered that the cooler is now showing under the USB Controllers as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".

Anyone have any ideas how can I fix this issue?

If you power cycle the system and it's still like this then I suspect CL has bricked it. The same happened to me a while ago (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134052) with my H80 and in the end I had to RMA the unit. If you search the forum for bricked you will find several other instances of this happening. To RMA log a support ticket via https://corsair.secure.force.com/

If you power cycle the system and it's still like this then I suspect CL has bricked it. The same happened to me a while ago (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134052) with my H80 and in the end I had to RMA the unit. If you search the forum for bricked you will find several other instances of this happening. To RMA log a support ticket via https://corsair.secure.force.com/

That's what I was afraid of! I power cycled the system and even moved to a new header. I'll place an RMA I guess.

I can't express my gratitude enough on this dustin, swapping the headers on the motherboard worked like a charm, had the code 43 issue and had read elsewhere that basically I'd have to RMA it which is not something I wanted to do after just putting it into a new system and having wrestled to get windows 10 up and running for a good day and a half. So yet again thanks a ton this worked perfectly I can yet again use my custom fan curves :D

• Corsair Employee
I just had to do this again for my Commander Mini at home. No idea why the hell it does this, but it worked! I'm not sure if it's a driver bug on our side or something weird on the Windows side. I do know that regardless of the Corsair Link kit in my system, my USB is always a little flaky.

Archived