Corsair Community

What cable plug fuse for TX750X

PowerPlay226

Hi, I've got the Corsair TX750M installed, and the fuses in the cable keep blowing when the Computer is turned off, I've changed the power cable and fuse which are 5A fuses, I ordered the pc pre-built and wondering is a 5A fuse enough and whether to put in a 10V or 13V.

If you brought the same power supply what fuse did it come with?

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
Hi, I've got the Corsair TX750M installed, and the fuses in the cable keep blowing when the Computer is turned off, I've changed the power cable and fuse which are 5A fuses, I ordered the pc pre-built and wondering is a 5A fuse enough and whether to put in a 10V or 13V.

If you brought the same power supply what fuse did it come with?

Thanks

So you're in the UK, right?

First off: What do you mean by "turned off". Just Windows, start, shut down? Or are you literally flipping the switch off that provides power to the PSU?

• Corsair Employee

Also, 5A sounds really low. I think most PSUs of that wattage come with a 10A fused power cord.

Thought I wouldn't just replace the fuse with a larger one as the construction of the cord may not handle the higher current. I would get a power cord that actually comes with a 10A fuse.

So you're in the UK, right?

First off: What do you mean by "turned off". Just Windows, start, shut down? Or are you literally flipping the switch off that provides power to the PSU?

Yes I'm in the UK, sorry I turn off by Windows, Start then Shutdown

I've never flipped the switch on the PSU

• Corsair Employee
Yes I'm in the UK, sorry I turn off by Windows, Start then Shutdown

I've never flipped the switch on the PSU

Weird. Then the fuse shouldn't be blowing because the bulk caps are still charged.

What's the lot code for your PSU? (First 8 digits of the serial number)

I tried a power cord that came with a 13A fuse, connected and the lights came on the keyboard, but as soon I pressed power the switch in the main fuse off down stars went out off. Also, I found a longer number beginning 20 the first eight digits are 20034852

I'll DM you the ticket number, thanks for your help

• Corsair Employee
I tried a power cord that came with a 13A fuse, connected and the lights came on the keyboard, but as soon I pressed power the switch in the main fuse off down stars went out off. Also, I found a longer number beginning 20 the first eight digits are 20034852

I'll DM you the ticket number, thanks for your help

Oh wait.. you said you got this PSU as part of a pre-build. So the build should be under warranty. The builder is local to you?

Oh wait.. you said you got this PSU as part of a pre-build. So the build should be under warranty. The builder is local to you?

I did yes, I'll contact them, the builder's not local to me. I brought from

https://www.awd-it.co.uk they delivered by delivery service; reckon I'll have to send it back. Can't think what could have damaged the PSU