Corsair Community

New 680x Build Looking for a Node, I think

AtomicJarl

Ok. I'm a complete newbie at this. I've built a few PC's, but have always neglected any in case lighting in the past.

My current built is a 680X, where I left the stock I believe they are LL120's on the front, and purchased, the Corsair Platinum 115i 280mm radiator for the top, with (I think) 2 140LL's and purchased 3 QL 140's 2 for the bottom and one for the exhaust.

I checked the purchase of the QL's and saw they included another 6 RGB controller as did the case, but did not realize that it attached to a USB header as opposed to the (Lighting node pro?) The piece where I can attach 2 of the 6 RGB controllers.

So now I'm short a USB header.

What's the best solution for me to get all my fan RGB's working, and a budget friendly option would be preferred as I really though I had all my i's dotted and t's crossed on this build.

Thanks.

Sorry for my attrocious descriptions on this, but I hope I got the point across.

• Corsair Employee

The QL fans include a Lighting Node CORE. A Lighting Node Core is essentially a Lighting Node Pro and Hub combined into a single product.

The "two piece" you're referring to is a Lighting Node Pro. The 6 channel item is an RGB hub.

So,if you have 2 USB headers on the board, you can plug your Lighting Node Pro (LNP) and Lighting Node Core (LNC) into the board separately. If you do not, then you would need to purchase another RGB Hub, plug the LL fans into one hub and the QL fans into the other, and plug both into the Lighting Node Pro.

Alternatively, you can buy a Commander Pro, and plug the Lighting Node Core into the USB header into USB hub in the back of that product.