Corsair Community

Saving Profiles for after Uninstall/Reinstall

molliewhop

I am admittedly not the smartest cookie, so forgive that immediately. Overnight, my MB3 and 4 on my mouse stopped responding. I attempted to update all firmware and still no success. I then notice a warning about a macro failed to execute and it telling me to repair iCUE and attempted to and it wouldn't allow that (something about an account already existing).

Seems like my next step would be to uninstall iCUE completely and then reinstall it. Is there any way to save my profiles (it tool me a hot minute to get everything just right) before uninstalling so that I can simply import them all back without much tweaking?

Sorry if this is easily answered, I am just a derp.

Go to C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair and copy and paste that entire "Corsair" folder to the desktop or some other safe place. I recommend doing this before each iCUE update in case you need to roll back to the previous version. Once you stamp your profiles with v3.xx, they will no longer be readable by prior versions.

Uninstall iCUE after saving the Corsair folder, reinstall, then drop that back into the Roaming folder right before launching the App. It should be just as you left it.

The repair install is the right procedure for that mouse 3/4 button loss. Those are native functions and should work all the time. If you quit iCUE and they work, you know the program has a problem. Normally, you don't need to back up the profiles for a repair, but for whatever reason it doesn't want to do it. That also is a sign there must some level of file corruption and the removal is probably necessary.