Corsair Community

Post your Overclock settings/Comments here

Looks like more and more we see users wanting to stretch their computer and have it do whats its designed for..

for those with good stable systems running,post your settings so others can also feel the joy;):

feel free to post whatever you feel thats beneficial for those that want to learn how to safely set up their rigs...

So here are my two cents:

The first problem is the general consensus of what everybody calls (lets just say) sufficiently stable. Ask one hundred people and get one hundred different opinions about it. If we're talking "absolute" stability here, a big percentage of overclockers just doesn't want to invest that much time to stability testing. For example the hour-long priming of all relevant FFT sizes for Haswell alone takes from a few days to several weeks to complete (depending upon the retests needed to complete certain tests).

Also many settings are called differently between mainboard manufacturers and some might not be available on lower end models at all.

Maybe you could provide a template for users that want to submit their OC settings? It could consist of minimal requirements and additional optional information about special pitfalls to be aware of and how stability was tested. Then everybody can judge themselves it they consider that stable enough for their tastes.

The first problem is the general consensus of what everybody calls (lets just say) sufficiently stable. Ask one hundred people and get one hundred different opinions about it. If we're talking "absolute" stability here, a big percentage of overclockers just doesn't want to invest that much time to stability testing..

agreed,this is very subjective and very debatable and imop the only stable clock for full longevity is a stock clock for even the system with the best settings can burp and blue screen

i just want to compile various systems settings so users can tweak their builds rather than come here asking only to be told to look at this or that article on the net

i also think this would be a prime thread for a sticky...

Archived