Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2018, 04:36 AM
ronnie30's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971559
ronnie30 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
if you have these

DO NOT TRY TO USE THEM WITH A LIGHTING NODE PRO OR COMMANDER PRO!!!

They are the old version for use with the Commander Mini or Node... Legacy devices now i am afraid
Yep, those are the ones. I didn't use them because...well, they don't plug in.
So I take it I need this: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego...t/p/CL-8930002
?
Before I fork over any more cash, can someone confirm that these WILL work and plug directly into the NoPro without any additional cable needed?

What a waste of $50

Old 09-05-2018, 08:27 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971579
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagor69 View Post
No, I didn't sell anything, I never try to. After I spent more than 250$ in kit and RGB fans, I don't sell everything just for a 3$ 'not included' cable
What make me interesting on Corsair RGB fans was not just their leds position and how many fans you can control, but especially the fan airflow specs, on the paper, of course.
Look in my signature ... info for making cables is there.

Second, you can use patch wires for a RaspPi if you want. They won't secure but they'll work.

That said, I do agree that the cable should be easier to get. But if you get the multi-packs rather than trying to buy individual, you'll have all that you need. So ... for most users that actually read the labels or do a little research before sinking a significant amount of money into fans (like I did), it's a non-issue.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:30 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971580

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie30 View Post
Yep, those are the ones. I didn't use them because...well, they don't plug in.
So I take it I need this: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego...t/p/CL-8930002
?
Before I fork over any more cash, can someone confirm that these WILL work and plug directly into the NoPro without any additional cable needed?

What a waste of $50
Yes, those will work with the Lighting Node Pro.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:07 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971630
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
for most users that actually read the labels or do a little research before sinking a significant amount of money into fans (like I did), it's a non-issue.

Never a truer word spoken..... always read the Label on the Bottle Kids!

Old 09-05-2018, 07:47 PM
ronnie30's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971667
ronnie30 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
So ... for most users that actually read the labels or do a little research before sinking a significant amount of money into fans (like I did), it's a non-issue.

To clarify, I did research into these. They appeared to be the same as the 'correct' lighting strips, except that it was a smaller package (2 strips instead of 4). As mentioned above, I bought strips that work with the lighting node, not the lighting node PRO. Corsairs site doesn't list the old lighting node and doesn't highlight that these are for an older model/non-Pro variant of the lighting node. I had no idea there was a different non-Pro version until I read this thread, and every review I've read of both strips, while they do mention which LN (pro or non-pro) it connects to, I didn't read any that explicitly indicate that there are/were 2 versions and they weren't compatible. I just assumed "lighting node" was a shortened term for "lighting node pro", since nothing I read ever mentioned the 2 in the same article/review/store.

I definitely take some blame here, but a little disclaimer in the Corsair store would definitely stop this from happening. It says "NOTE: The Corsair Link RGB LED Lighting Kit is ONLY compatible with the Commander Mini and Lighting Node." But without realising LN is a different product to the LNP, it's an easy mistake to make. To me, this seems like they are explicitly saying that it doesn't connect to RGB headers on motherboards or non-Corsair controllers. Even having the old LN in the store with a 'discontinued' notice, would be enough to make someone re-check the phrasing.

Old 09-09-2018, 08:24 AM
zagor69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 972003
zagor69 Reputation: 10

Just an update about the Corsair quality:

After 8 moths since I bought all this stuff, the channel 2 of NodePro and one hub STOPS to work
What is funny is that I never leave all the staff ON for all the time.... just few hours per week, maybe less....

Warranty? Yes, but while with other brands you don't have any issue, a warranty procedure make you always many problems:
- Disassembly everything
- Make a package
- PAY TO SEND THE STUFF
- Wait new stuff
- Reassembly everything back

So, if anyone can read this, I hope he'll change idea about his choices on this brand, NOT just for a stupid missing cable...

Last edited by zagor69; 09-09-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:51 PM

POST ID # = 1005484
TonyMontana Reputation: 10

Just bought the 3 fan pack kit and imagine ? the cable that you all are looking for is not included to me either. getting so frustrated right now .

Old 05-23-2019, 03:53 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005485

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana View Post
Just bought the 3 fan pack kit and imagine ? the cable that you all are looking for is not included to me either. getting so frustrated right now .
Which 3-pack of fans did you get? I wouldn't expect them in the HD or SP 3 packs as they come with a push-button controller.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:35 PM

POST ID # = 1005498
TonyMontana Reputation: 10

Corsair LL120 RGB 3 Fan Pack with Lighting Node PRO 120mm
this one

Old 05-23-2019, 04:39 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana View Post
Corsair LL120 RGB 3 Fan Pack with Lighting Node PRO 120mm
this one
Yeah, that should come with that cable. Should be, IIRC, in the little box with the NoPro and Fan Hub. 2 wires ... 3 pins. I guess is happens that someone forgets to put one in. Did you try contacting Corsair support?

Old 09-08-2019, 08:06 AM
alvinkh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017337
alvinkh Reputation: 10

Yes it is frustrating. I had just built a system with merely asus and corsair. Bought led stripes expansion and commander pro. But short of female to female 3 pin rgb cable