Corsair Community

Case compatibility

AlanFitz

Hi guys.

I want to build a new pc and i am thinking of using the Hydro X.

I visited the website but i am curious if the cooling system will be compatible with the cases i am thinking of buying, which are not made by Corsair.

So, is the Hydro X cooling system made specifically for Corsair cases? And if no, is there something i should look for in order for the Hydro X to be compatible with the case i will end up choosing?

Hydro x isn't specific to corsair cases. Virtually any case will work, assuming it has enough space for your pc components, mounting points for all the radiators you want to use (along with the space needed to account for fittings coming out of them), and space for the pump/res combo to mount.

Your only real questions are going to be fitment (like, physically can you get what you want in there), and cable routing. As long as you can physically fit in what you need (like, obviously if you want to put a 360mm rad in, you better have a 3x120 fan mount location plus some room for the rad caps), you're cool.

If you've seen your particular case that anyone's built with other water cooling, pay attention to details like what specific rads they're using, and you can look up their length and thickness and compare to the posted stats for the corsair versions.

Late thought: Is your case not known to the corsair configurator? They've cleared a whole lot of them.

• Corsair Employee

Hi!

Hydro X is a wholesome product line that is not tied only to Corsair cases.

I would recommend to try the Hydro X Configurator. There are plenty of non-Corsair cases which were checked for compatibility with Hydro X custom cooling products.

If your case is not listed, let us know which models you have in mind and we can comment or even proceed with checking and adding them to the Configurator database.

Hydro x isn't specific to corsair cases. Virtually any case will work, assuming it has enough space for your pc components, mounting points for all the radiators you want to use (along with the space needed to account for fittings coming out of them), and space for the pump/res combo to mount.

Thanks for your answer!

Your only real questions are going to be fitment (like, physically can you get what you want in there), and cable routing. As long as you can physically fit in what you need (like, obviously if you want to put a 360mm rad in, you better have a 3x120 fan mount location plus some room for the rad caps), you're cool.

If you've seen your particular case that anyone's built with other water cooling, pay attention to details like what specific rads they're using, and you can look up their length and thickness and compare to the posted stats for the corsair versions.

Late thought: Is your case not known to the corsair configurator? They've cleared a whole lot of them.

Thank you for your time!

Hi!

Hydro X is a wholesome product line that is not tied only to Corsair cases.

I would recommend to try the Hydro X Configurator. There are plenty of non-Corsair cases which were checked for compatibility with Hydro X custom cooling products.

If your case is not listed, let us know which models you have in mind and we can comment or even proceed with checking and adding them to the Configurator database.

Thanks. It's funny..at the configurator i though i had to choose one of the eight cases shown below..

I now typed the case i am thinking of buying and yes it is included. It's a Be Quiet Dark Base pro 900.

Thanks again

• Corsair Employee

Afraid it's not very likely it'll fit a custom cooling system. The NZXT H400 is not a lengthty case leaving no clearance to install the XD5 RGB Pump/Res unit. It may be possible to do so with extremely short graphics card.

Which graphics card do you have / plan to use?

Afraid it's not very likely it'll fit a custom cooling system. The NZXT H400 is not a lengthty case leaving no clearance to install the XD5 RGB Pump/Res unit. It may be possible to do so with extremely short graphics card.

Which graphics card do you have / plan to use?

Currently have a RTX 2060 FE in there so can't watercool the GPU as it's glued together :-(

What are the physical dimensions of the XD5 including the distance from a radiator when mounted? The H400 has a little bit more space if you switch the fan mount round the correct way as shown in the manual as they come fitted back to front! Also the cable management bar can be moved to it's rear position with my GPU.

Edited by n0ahg

I have almost 11 cm the width but the problem would be the height. The cable management bar would prevent installation on bottom fan and only allow about 120mm height from the bottom of the top fan. The option might be to remove the cable management bar as it's an all black case.

The RTX 2060 FE can be dismantled, I've seen that video which is why I knew about the glue, but I don't think you can get a water block for it due to the difficulties and because it doesn't run that hot (160W with only one 8 pin PCI-E to power it). The fans on my second card still make an annoying noise though (RMA'd one already due to fan noise) :-(

Edit: Oooops, only 11cm width... that would be including the radiator so no go.

Edit2: I've found a water block and the glue looks like it's just for the ribbon cable so not too bad, none is left holding the actual card after the ribbon cable is removed.

Edited by n0ahg