Corsair Community

Corsair LL140 - LEDs don't light up

ANDEN10

Hello, currently I'm having issues with my fans not lighting up, I remember when I first got them they were just super super dim and I feel like that might be the same thing because I see an LED turn on but it's not bright at all. I was using the Deepcool FH-10 but recently I bought 2 Commander Pros.

I've tried plugging all the fans directly I to the Mobo and still no change, the Icue software doesnt see the fans either, just my MoBo. No matter what I do I cant get the fans to light up! I cant even figure out how to hook up the Commander Pro properly without losing my USB in front of my case, the usb plugs are bigger than what the USB plug my tower has. Any help you guys can give would be great.

Additional specs:

CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 280

Make sure you are using the 6 port RGB Lighting Hub and the fans are connected in sequence 1-x on the controller. This is where the fan lighting power comes from. The motherboard and Commander are for motor control, not lighting.

Check out the guide below.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

I did all this correctly than. The fans work fine, I can control them just fine but the LEDs don't work, how do I get the LEDs to work.

From what you wrote I understand you are able to control fan's RPM but not RGB via iCue, so both CoPro should be correctly detected.

Assuming your connections are good, maybe you have either a faulty RGB Hub port or a faulty fan.

To ensure try this:

- unplug all RGB fan's cable from RGB Hub

- plug fan 1 in port 1

- if it lights up correctly, go for fan 2 in port 2 and so on

- if you find a fan not lighting up, discard it and try another fan in the same port

A faulty RGB fan can light up correctly but be unable to pass the RGB signal to the next one. So if you find more than 1 fan not lighting up in the same port, maybe it's the previous one to be faulty.

A couple of questions to clarify...

Why are you using 2 CoPros? How many fans do you have? And are they all the same model?

Do you use SATA power splitters to connect this stuff?

I can't understand what you wrote about your mobo and case USB ports...

Baio

I did all this correctly than. The fans work fine, I can control them just fine but the LEDs don't work, how do I get the LEDs to work.

Hey, hey!

Did you click on your lighting node pro or commander pro and select the lighting setup option to tell iCUE what fans you have connected to what rgb header and how many? That is essential for making sure iCUE has the information needed to light up any Corsair fan. Hooking the rgb cable to a motherboard rgb header could damage the leds of the fan so don't do that.