Corsair Community

Force 3 120 GB SSD unable to boot

anfs

I have a force 3 120gb ssd drive that i cant use as my bootable windows drive because it disapears all the time.I have installed windows 7 x64 7 times in 4 days it driving me nuts.After power on It just says windows cannot find the bootable drive it would even give me a blue screen when installing windows update files saying that the drive is missing.I have tried updating the firmware to the newest 1.3.3 plus doing secure erase numerous times before installing windows and still no luck when powering on system cannot find the boot drive.Also i received error messages in partition magic that it would have to run another program because the drive is in sleep mode.

I have tried changing sata cables tried a different sata port aswell as intel and marvell controller still with no luck.

I had to put my falcon 2 back in as boot drive so i can use the computer.

I hope someone can please help as i am at wits end Thankyou

I have tried updating the firmware to the newest 1.3.3 plus doing secure erase numerous times before installing windows and still no luck when powering on system cannot find the boot drive.

Could you succesfully upgrade to 1.3.3?

I would suggest to disconnect all other drives, SecureErase the SSD and try to reinstall Win 7 with only the SSD connected to your mobo.

yes i did succesfully update to 1.3.3 but it was no help.I also tried downgrading the firmware too.

and yes i did disconnect all other drives in the pc and still it couldn't find the drive.

To me it looks like as if the drive goes to sleep and nothing can wake it up.A few times on boot you can see the sata device its connected too waiting for it about 1min or so but i have all power settings turned off in the bios.

Thanks

Hi all thanks for the suggestions.I did try a different sata cable plus updated the bios on my mainboard with no luck it still goes missing from bootup it is set to ahci in bios aswell .At the moment i am using it as my steam games drive and it hasn't given me too many problems other than an occasional freeze.I will be building a new pc in the coming days and i will try it in that maybe a different chipset z68 with native 6gb sata will help.

Thankyou all

Im fread you need to RMA your SSD as you did.

*Bios update.

*Firmware update.

*Used different cables.

*Used different sata controller.

*Secure eraced and installed OS after that, some times.

... :(:

If your board isnt faulty then it should work on that as it has Intel controller and not lose needed boot file.

GL, Mummy

Hi All just a quick update.I updated my pc to an i7 2600k with z68 chipset board with sata 6 and the ssd seems to be working good now.i dont know why i had so many problems with the x58 based mainboard maybe incompatable.As i said i had run another brand of ssd on that setup for over a year with no problems i dont know why the corsair didn't like it.

Thanks to all for your suggestions

Archived