Corsair Community

Will there be a firmware update for VOID USB 7.1?

Mekc

I have a simple question for the support team.

Will there be a firmware update for Corsair VOID USB 7.1 anytime soon? I can't return Void in my country because of the internal laws.

The problems are:

1) Background noise when volume is at 50-100% (less than 50% - it's fine). There is a separate topic on that matter.

2) A lot of people sometimes hear terrible static during music / films / gaming. Cannot be fixed by anything. Separate topic on forums.

3) Corsair VOID cannot be used for adequate gaming with voice-chat like Discord or Raidcall. You say it's not your problem? All other headsets are working with Discord and Raidcall, so it's Corsair's problem. This problem was, as it seems, fixed by latest firmware for WIRELESS version - how about updating firmware for USB version? Separate topic on this as well.

And so, we have 3 terrible problems with the headset, which make the headset really just bad.

Since the moment I purchased the headset, Wireless version got 2 or 3 firmware updates. USB version - none. Why?

If there are issues in the firmware for the VOID USB headset, Chances are there would be firmware updates in the future.

Whether a new firmware update is coming soon, we won't know until it is either released or mentioned by a Corsair employee.

Great. Then I want it to be mentioned by Corsair employee in this topic. They completely ignore the USB version problems.

Corsair employees usually do not talk about future SW or FW updates, unless they need to for beta testing reasons.

Currently my Corsair Void USB is in such state (cause of firmware / drivers / cue), that if I got my money back - I would smash this Void headset with a hammer.

At least developers may say "we are working on a fix". There are a lot of problems, especially random crackling and background noise experienced by like every owner. In none of the threads I saw something like "we are aware of the problem and are working on a fix". http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=154256

It's like we have an "early alpha" version of the headset and can't even hear about fixes coming anytime soon.

Are these issues wide spread?

I'm still considering trying a Corsair headset even after the horrible experience of the H1500 over the weekend.

I'm not sure which of the headsets to go with though in the form of Void USB or Void wireless. The issues in this thread worry me at buying a USB version.

Are these issues wide spread?

I'm still considering trying a Corsair headset even after the horrible experience of the H1500 over the weekend.

I'm not sure which of the headsets to go with though in the form of Void USB or Void wireless. The issues in this thread worry me at buying a USB version.

no their not really wide spread. The people with out issues usually dont come on forums and complain about their working headset.

no their not really wide spread. The people with out issues usually dont come on forums and complain about their working headset.

Generally what I figured. Although I am still somewhat worried by Corsair headsets after my own experience with the H1500 and reading a lot here. Still I have a Void USB arriving tomorrow so I guess I can judge for myself.

I'll make sure to come back and update if I find no issues.

Currently my Corsair Void USB is in such state (cause of firmware / drivers / cue), that if I got my money back - I would smash this Void headset with a hammer.

At least developers may say "we are working on a fix". There are a lot of problems, especially random crackling and background noise experienced by like every owner. In none of the threads I saw something like "we are aware of the problem and are working on a fix". http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=154256

It's like we have an "early alpha" version of the headset and can't even hear about fixes coming anytime soon.

There isnt "random crackling and background noise experienced by like every owner". This is a issue experienced by a minor part of the user base.

And idk what they have planed for the Void USB the beta testers are on 0.12 and idk what the patch did.

if your having issues with static contact Corsair Support.

There isnt "random crackling and background noise experienced by like every owner". This is a issue experienced by a minor part of the user base.

And idk what they have planed for the Void USB the beta testers are on 0.12 and idk what the patch did.

if your having issues with static contact Corsair Support.

Uninstall CUE - no background noise. Uninstall CUE - Discord and Raidcall working. I'm quite sure background noise and voicechat issues are as widespread as the userbase is. The topics are full with these complaints. And as for those who don't come to forums, it does not mean they don't have any problems.

As for static crackling - it is caused by USB / headset electric issue related to the motherboard, I think. But the thing is - I did NOT have any static with the same motherboard and other headsets. And I guess it is important to say that my previous headset had golden contacts for better conductivity. And yes, I don't think that particular problem (crackling) is widespread.

As for 0.12 beta firmware - well at least the work is going on and at least something will be fixed. Thanks for the update.

Generally what I figured. Although I am still somewhat worried by Corsair headsets after my own experience with the H1500 and reading a lot here. Still I have a Void USB arriving tomorrow so I guess I can judge for myself.

I'll make sure to come back and update if I find no issues.

Could you please come back to this topic after getting the device and tell us whether you have or don't have the following problems:

1) Background noise at 60-100% volume (I have my volume at 42-44% to get rid of it). You can just click the sound bar in windows and click on it to hear the Windows sound-setting sound. Or test it with anything else. The easy way to test it is to listen to a short or not loud sound. If you hear the noise - please tell.

2) Rare static crackling. You will know if you hear it, believe me. I didn't hear it on day 1, but I hear it sometimes.

3) Check Discord and Raidcall - if you can hear other people.

4) Check the volume of your microphone on max (for me it's ok, but some people don't like it).

Thank you.

Archived