Corsair Community

K70 RGB Media Keys Not Working

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows of a fix. I have the K70 RGB brown keyboard and I can't figure out how to get the media keys to control the volume and media functions on my keyboard.

I've installed everything as instructed, using only the keyboard labeled USB in a USB 3.0 port on my computer.

I've confirmed that the mute key works by mapping a lighting effect to it when pressed, but my system won't recognize it or any other media keys/volume roller.

I'd at the very least like for the volume roller and mute key to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For reference, I've got the latest firmware installed, using the latest Corsair utility software, and running Win 7 Pro (x64).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have drivers from a previous keyboard installed? If yes try uninstalling them, restart, and test again.

Also if you have 2 USB 2.0 ports available try using those instead of 1 USB 3.0 port. It seems to fix some of the issues based on what peoples posted around.

I can confirm that, my media keys don't work either. Which ports I use seems to be irrelevant to this, since while looking into the other problems I've tried both USB 3.0 and 2.0 and it was the same really for the media keys, they didn't work. However, they do work if you manually create the actions they're supposed to do and assign them to the buttons.

I've uninstalled the drivers for my previous keyboard, and I've also tried using the USB 2.0 ports. Unfortunately the issue still persists.

cor9, thanks for the information. I was messing around with remapping the keys, but the volume roller isn't listed as a remappable key.

You can add my K95 to the list that has non functioning media/volume keys

It might be the same problem I'm having, the volume wheel does work but stupidly is bound to speakers up /dowm, and since I dont have a PC from 10 years ago plugging in loads of cables for surround sound and only useinf digital or HDMI then turning the speakers up/down is pointless.

Edited by stevvie

hm, my volume roller works just fine (and is actually one of my fav features as i use this very very often)

Have you tried the media keys with just windows media player? if it works, that means the keys themselves are working. which media player are you trying to use with the media keys? does your media player have global media key support or enabled in options? it needs to be enabled in order for those keys to function with the specific program.

• 2 weeks later...

:-/ nothing's working. I've tried using Windows Media Player and iTunes and neither are responding to the media keys despite both being checked in the list of media programs.

Just updated to the latest firmware and CUE software version and still no go. Tried using both USB 2 and 3... I'm at a complete loss...

I'd also like to mention that the mute button doesn't behave as expected. It mutes Windows rather than the audio app you are currently using as is normally the case.

Mute is supposed to mute the whole system. The same way the volume controls windows volume not by app independentley.

Do any of you guys have chrome ? and use the chrome google play music extension if so disable it and the keys should work fine.

Not a Chrome user and don't have that extension. Tried disabling all extensions on Firefox and nada...

Starting to think I may have a lemon.

Edited by skorpien

It would seem there was a software conflict. After trying it on a laptop, the volume, mute and media keys all worked.

I ended up doing a fresh install of Windows and now the keyboard is working perfectly. I'll be keeping an eye out for any programs I install that may end up breaking things... Hopefully that won't be an issue though.

Thanks all for your help!

• Corsair Employee

If you have media keys that don't seem to work, it may be related to a Windows service. Try this:

Click on the Windows Start Button and navigate to the Control Panel. Start up Administrative Tools and click on Services. Scroll down to Human Interface Device Access and ensure the service has started up. If it is not, click on restart the service and change it to startup automatically by double clicking the service.

• Confused 1

• 4 months later...
If you have media keys that don't seem to work, it may be related to a Windows service. Try this:

Click on the Windows Start Button and navigate to the Control Panel. Start up Administrative Tools and click on Services. Scroll down to Human Interface Device Access and ensure the service has started up. If it is not, click on restart the service and change it to startup automatically by double clicking the service.

This fixed my problem, thank you, thank you, thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'd also like to mention that the mute button doesn't behave as expected. It mutes Windows rather than the audio app you are currently using as is normally the case.

It supposed to mute the windows main sound for everything thats what its there for. the word mute means silence its pointless working any other way

You can assign a media control action to mute the music player you are using to the Mute button so that Windows doesn't also get muted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! Corsair James

i WILL HELP EVERYONE WITH THIS ! :D

Do any of you guys have chrome ? and use the chrome google play music extension if so disable it and the keys should work fine.

Thanks, that's what fixed it for me! Luckily I don't use Google Play music, otherwise that would have sucked because it's useful if you use GP Music.