Corsair Community

[Petition] Keep the old Corsair Logo on the RGB Keyboards

Badman5

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608050447515714414&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

If you guys think that Corsair should keep their old meaningful logo rather than switch to the new "Corsair Gaming" logo, please sign the petition and help spread the word so Corsair hears us!

http://www.change.org/p/corsair-components-inc-keep-the-old-corsair-logo

The site won't let me in, probably because I blocked their misbegotten cookie. For the record, should anyone from Corsair who has a say in the matter happen to look here, I also feel Corsair should have stayed with the old logo. The ship sail silhouette, suggesting a pirate ship, makes more sense than the wings of the new one. The white and black of the old logo goes well with any color scheme, unlike the yellow of the new one. Also, having mixed logos from the same manufacturer in the same system looks a bit too busy.

Leaving the logo aside... why YELLOW? That's the worst color they could have chosen :(

i do kinda agree with you. I don't like the fact that it pops out, but i dislike the crab/tramp stamp more than the letters, still i prefer blue,purple white or red over a yellow or green. Green woulda been worse thou, that would just scream razer.

I also would prefer the original logo and see no need why to make this separation with a "gaming division." However, it's a bit too late as most of the hardware with the new logo is already available by tomorrow. I've been waiting since the announcement of the RGB K70 and was secretly hoping for a RGB version of the K95 and my wish was granted. I do not want anymore delays just because people are not satisfied with the new logo.

If anything, I think it'd be fair if Corsair made a decal available with the original logo as an option for people who dislike the new logo.

[Edit] I also agree that yellow is a very poor choice as it is one of the least popular colors.

This new logo looks like a trampstamp on a trashy LA hooker.

Corsair -

• a pirate ship

• a privateer, especially one operating along the southern coast of the Mediterranean in the 16th–18th centuries.

I was so ready to purchase a K70 RGB too, but it looks like corsair lost a customer :sigh!:

Signed the petition and canceled my order. I was really looking forward to an RGB keyboard but not at the cost of having a glaring yellow juvinile tramp stamp plastered on top. I considered just puting a piece of black tape or something over it, but then I realized, no... I shouldn't have to jury-rig a product that I'm paying ~$150 for to not look stupid.

I see this re-branding as a sign that Corsair is no longer interested in making products for the group of consumers that has traditionally purchased and associated with their iconic clean design. Clean and sleek is too boring for them now. They want to attract hip and cool customers with tramp stamps who want wild flair and more swag.

In all seriousness I was waiting for the K70 LED. Have no interest in the Chroma(synapsebloat, no cherry switches) nor the WTFBBQPWN360NOSCOPEYOLOSWAG ORION SPARK G910(tacky 2003 called they want their gaming products back) ... Now the K70 has an eyesore of a logo right smack dab in the middle with YELLOW TEXT! Sure sure its just a logo now... but who knows what they will rebrand next... I'm a firm believer of voting with your wallet.

As much as I advocate a revert back to the original, this website was designed to get your email address to send you spam, and no change will come from it. Pushing on social media would be much more effective at getting the message across.

Change.org is mostly responsible for bringing GTA5 to the PC this coming January through petitions.

Archived