Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB not showing in iCUE

YankeePapas

Hi, I recently bought my first computer but it has got a problem. At first I would sync my memory's LEDs easily with AURA or iCUE but some thing has changed now, as my ram doesn't show up at all in either iCUE or AURA. I have tried uninstalling either of the two and run the one left on its own numerous times, have tried BIOS updates, reseating the modules and the lot. Any ideas?

Same problem.

iCue version 3.15.101

2 x 8 GB CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 3000MHz

BIOS E7B47IMS v1.70

Same problem with v1.60

I installed iCue 3.14.104 and everything looks fine.

Edited by Batsy

Hello YankeePapas,

Sorry to hear that. Are you using two kits of CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 for four total modules? What has recently changed? What is your current BIOS version and iCUE version?

I am using one kit of two modules, build is the same since november (when it was built), BIOS is v2202 and iCUE is v3.14.104. will update to 3.15.101 as of right now and see if anything happens.

I was wondering if there's a way i can update the RAM's firmware (if there's such a thing) manually.

Edited by YankeePapas

• Corsair Employee

Hey guys,

Definitely would suggest updating to the latest 3.15. If you're still having issues, it may be BIOS related. For the B450 Strix, I'd suggest 2008 or 1201. Previous "first" release BIOS for new CPU has caused issues in the past.

Sorry Batsy, not sure which version to suggest for you. You may want to submit a ticket a support.corsair.com so our Technical Support team can look into your issue further.

UPDATE:

I'm unable to flash to previous BIOS versions (EZ Flash says that the selected file is "not a proper BIOS"). I will redownload BIOS version 1201 and try to flash it on, but probalby to no avail.

I also tried reseating the memory modules, first one on its own, and then both of them but swapped around. My little experiment showed that the stick that was stuck in one colour still had the same colour in the other slot, therefore I conclude that the colour data for the RGB is onboard the DIMMs themselves.

So that's what i'm thinking: If there is a way to re-flash firmware on the DIMMs themselves I am willing to try it.

Sorry Batsy, not sure which version to suggest for you. You may want to submit a ticket a support.corsair.com so our Technical Support team can look into your issue further.

Thanks ::pirate::, I had no issues until iCue 3.15.101 ... i'll keep iCue 3.14.104.

Come on! This is not making my decision any easier :thinking: in buying Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB Kit!

I have the Trident Z RGB, but having issues with the software not able to have all modules sync in Blue permanent for a week, it's either (1 not in sync or 2 not in sync)....:thinking:...everything else RGB works except for the G.Skillls.

I'm really thinking about getting the Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB Kit, but here I am reading people having issues with the Vengeance Pro RGB on the forums...

• 4 weeks later...
Come on! This is not making my decision any easier :thinking: in buying Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB Kit!

I have the Trident Z RGB, but having issues with the software not able to have all modules sync in Blue permanent for a week, it's either (1 not in sync or 2 not in sync)....:thinking:...everything else RGB works except for the G.Skillls.

I'm really thinking about getting the Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB Kit, but here I am reading people having issues with the Vengeance Pro RGB on the forums...

I have the non-PRO version and still have the issue.

• 2 months later...
Hey YankeePapas,

Sorry the firmware cannot be updated manually for the Vengeance RGB series. I'd suggest reaching out to our TS team and see what they have to say.

I finally found the time and a way to rollback my BIOS to version 1003, also downloaded the Corsair memory plugin for AURA from the Corsair website and nothing changed. Currently thinking of upating to BIOS v.1201. I'd like to hear from someone who knows better first. AURA is v 1.07.71, iCUE is v 3.18.77.

My original problem to save you from the hassle: "Hi, I recently bought my first computer but it has got a problem. At first I would sync my memory's LEDs easily with AURA or iCUE but some thing has changed now, as my ram doesn't show up at all in either iCUE or AURA. I have tried uninstalling either of the two and run the one left on its own numerous times, have tried BIOS updates, reseating the modules and the lot. Any ideas?"