Corsair Community

Corsair H2100 Issues

rb0928

Hello, thank you for reading my post.

Today I received my Corsair H2100 Gaming Headset. I really like it. But, I am having some problems with it. At first, I had problems with being able to connect it to my pc. That worked out fine though. The software only works one time. Each time I have to install and uninstall the software to use it. Whenever I am playing a game, watching a video, listening to music, etc, I have problems with the sound. When I watched a video, the sound would go away and in the top left corner it showed what it shows when I am changing sound. The sound goes out as it does this for about 5 seconds and the sound comes back. I also have static issues as well as the sound muting. The microphone has also been giving me issues.

If anyone could give any help it would be vey much appreciated.

Thanks so much for reading,

rb0928

I am experiancing the exact same issue with my H2100 that I got today. About two times every minute, the volume slider will appear on my screen, then the sound will cut out for about 5 seconds. I am about 40 feet away from my wifi router. My headset usb dongle is within 5 feet of the headset LOS, Ive tried several usb ports, same issue.

Do you have any other wireless devices near the headset?

Does the light on the dongle start flashing when the sound cuts or does it stay solid?

The original poster's fix was to keep the transmitter very close but the cause may be due to a faulty dongle or wireless devices around the area interfering with the connection.

• 7 months later...

I also had an issue with the wireless connection was crackling and dropping out intermittently.

Solved my issue by disabling the 2.4ghz signal on my router and now just use the 5ghz signal in my house.

I suggest if this is not an option for you that separate your wireless router and the headphone transponder as much as possible or even try different 2.4 ghz channels (1-11)on your router to try improve the separation.

Hope this helps.

Archived