Corsair Community

Corsair H115i possibly failing

Zeond

Hi, my Corsair H115i has been getting high temperatures and recently idled at around 50C. I heard that the pump wasn't that great and can get stuck sometimes. There might have been debris in there so I tapped the pump (like someone suggested on another thread) and the pump looks like it started working a bit better as the temperature has been lower (the next time I started my computer). I also felt the water tubes and one was noticeably warmer then the other.

I got this AIO cooler at the beginning of January, 2017 so I think it's still under warranty. I sent an RMA request to Corsair as that might be the best course of action. If it does get accepted, how long would it take to exchange for another one? How much would it cost? I heard something about an advanced RMA where I could receive another one before I send the original one in for repairs (I'm not sure if that's how it works) and they put a hold on your debit card?

Thank you for your time.

It doesn’t sound promising and you likely need to replace the cooler. Contacting Tech Support was the right move. Advance RMA is not always available and likely varies by location, but do ask for it. Unfortunately, it appears customer service is still working off a backlog from their system change earlier this Summer. I don’t know how speedy this will be and depending on where you live shipping time adds in as well. You are also responsible for the outgoing shipping cost to Corsair. If your system is critical to your daily use and you can’t do downtime, you need a back up cooler or a direct replacement. If you can find a small, inexpensive air tower - great. That used to be my system, but my power requirements got to big and the RAM got too tall and it became unusable. I started keeping a back up AIO cooler. To that end, you could find some thing small and cheap or pick out the new one you really want. You can then either forget the RMA to save shipping costs, or go ahead and use the new and sealed replacement as a back up or find another place for it to go. It seems like you may have the “H115i” that preceded the current Pro/Platinum models. This type of end is commonly reported.

FYI, I just heard back on my ticket. 5 days since submitted, but my issue is not cooler related so it could be a different team. Also, despite what it says on the form about only needing serial numbers for the complete systems (Corsair One, etc), do go ahead and attach a photo of the box serial number (if you have it) or off the product itself.