Corsair Community

Soon To Be Former Customer

SmokingUser

I will say this as nicely as I can because I would hate for someone to have a legitimate reason for removing this post. I have been a long time customer. I had nothing but satisfaction with my previous mouse, so when it finally gave up the ghost last year, after a long long run, I had no question who I would go with for a replacement. Started looking into what was then currently available and couldn't find a direct replacement of my old model. After watching a few reviews, I went with the Glaive.

I don't think I have to tell you what the issue is, because as your other posts have made clear, you're aware there is an issue. I spent a lot of money for this mouse, and if it just behaved the way it is supposed to, I wouldn't mind the money I spent because in every other way it's a great product. I will tell you, however, because I would like your company to seriously reprimand the person responsible--of course, it won't likely happen that way. What will likely happen is what almost always happens. Someone lower down the ladder will take the heat. It's software related they'll say, and some poor middle manager in software will get the blame, when in fact some purchaser went with a switch that perhaps shouldn't have been used and probably because a superior told them to do so. Or the switches turned up too sensitive, and someone approved it because to do otherwise would've cost too much money or embarrassed someone by missing a deadline. Or all of the above. But one thing is sure: You can tell how the interior politics run because the blame will almost always run toward those with lesser clout. Of course, now that it's in the wild, to admit it's the switch would mean a lot of money, so that won't be happening. Corporations need to learn that honesty will get more positive responses than the typical machinations, juggling, and somersaults in which they tend to engage.

Your switch. Your maddening, work-stopping, much, much, much too sensitive switch. The problem that started within the first few weeks, that you tricked the hardware into behaving with an update, is back. Only now what hope have I got of returning the product for an exchange? An inferior switch was the source of the problem then, and with the continuing use has begun being more finicky once more. I've turned the polling down all the way, but still I'm having trouble getting any work done. I now have been forced to begin forcing my left finger down quickly and fully on the mouse button in an effort to avoid a double click. Sometimes this helps. Often it does not. In a year, with such continued use, how finicky will the switch be? And who will stand behind this product then? I click on a login attempt while trying to sort out a password issue, and it registers two attempts because it double-clicked. I click along my Windows taskbar to bring up another program, but after doing so, the second click strikes the program that I have full screen and the other program drops into the background again. I click something to drag in program, only to have it selected and applied. I have to undo repeatedly many things, and my productivity has slowed to a crawl.

I've said all this to say, the money you took from me for this Glaive will be the last money you ever take from me. I have not been rude, belligerent, or threatening, so if this post voicing my complaint gets removed, I will simply have to ensure I post this elsewhere. What they say about customer service, you know, the thing about if you get it right, people typically say nothing, but if you get it wrong, they tell everyone? That's true. Now, to make sure that I get my money from this mouse, I am going to open it up and fix the switch that is faulty, just like others have posted elsewhere. And you will probably not hear from me again. But you lost a good customer, and that's the nicest thing I can think to say in response to the torment you've introduced to my life.:mad:

Sure, I'm mad, but I won't stay mad. I will remember and I will spend my money in accordance with my views. This is not childishness. This is behaving like a mature person who refuses to support companies with bad QA who fail to spare those who keep them in business from things that will disrupt their lives in maddening ways.

If the issue is related to the mouse snapping I fixed it by restoring my CUE. The surface calibration didn't work for some reason so when it was put on default it did not work.

I mean if you compare Corsair to some different companies that make gaming mice you can clearly see the difference in the quality and that is where Corsair shines.

• Corsair Employee
@SmokingUser - we have actually implemented a new optimization feature in the latest version of CUE. Make sure you update to current which is 2.24.35. The new feature is under performance if you click on the Glaive in CUE, and 4 different settings you can try. Let me know if you keep having issues after trying this.

Set button response optimization to Normal, and 1 in 2 clicks results in double-click. It is frustrating in the extreme to have to keep using undo because a mouse isn't working properly. This mouse has always been like this. I'm not sure what you all did, but after a few updates, it stopped doing this. Now it's back to the old nonsense like in the beginning. I didn't pay extra for a top of the line mouse only to get this garbage. Oh wait, yes, yes I did.

I click on a window to drag it, and it maximizes. I click on a menu item, and it then applies whatever button was beneath it in program. I apply something, only to have it immediately undone because it clicked again. A mouse should simply work and allow its user to do the same.

Archived