Corsair Community

H100 not working

kiriapurv

Just bought new H100.

Problem is that on first boot I got FAN error, I have plugged the H100 3-pin connector to CPU Fan pin of motherboard, in bios/uefi it CPU fan is not detected, then I tried to plug 3-pin in normal CHA fan to check if h100 is detected, but it isn't, now another major problem is that, when I check CPU temperatures in bios, It keeps increasing constantly and rate is fast, like 6-7 degree celcius per second and system halts (shuts down) itself in few seconds.

Both fans on radiator are working, which are plugged in H100, light on H100 is also showing up, clicking on center button also changes the speed led, not sure how to check if pump is working or not, none of the pipe feels heated, but runs for few seconds so don't know what is issue.

When I used stock fan (heatsink) of processor, it works, but H100 seems to have some problem, It is not registering fan signals to Motherboard, and temperature increase rate is also fast so I think the pump is also not working.

So please tell me what can be the solution for this.

Note : I haven't bought part directly from corsair's website, I'm located in India, and have bought from a website, and my H100 is under warranty

I think I have done worst case, one of the fan of my H100 was blocking the EATX port of motherboard, so I had to cut a slice of border of fan, and I done that without testing the H100, if its working or not. Now seller is telling that its damaged part, I told them only to replace the cooling system, and keeping the fan as it is. Is it possible to replace only pump + radiator part?

I have attached images of my fan

http://kiriyard.com/11.jpg

http://kiriyard.com/22.jpg

• Corsair Employee
I am not sure if your reseller will take it back on its current condition (fan), if they do, then I would take that route. If not, I would call first our customer service and explain what the current condition of the fan and let them know if its still possible to get the unit replaced via RMA. I am sorry, but I just don't have a definite answer for you given the current condition of the fan, our customer service may or may not take it back for a replacement.

I am not sure if your reseller will take it back on its current condition (fan), if they do, then I would take that route. If not, I would call first our customer service and explain what the current condition of the fan and let them know if its still possible to get the unit replaced via RMA. I am sorry, but I just don't have a definite answer for you given the current condition of the fan, our customer service may or may not take it back for a replacement.

I'm trying on both sides, hope I get some solution, Is there any procedure in which I can pay for damage and get it proceed for RMA ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived