Corsair Community

Unsure of RGB Products Compatibility/Requirements

Jaydbennett78

Hi, I have recently bought a new case (220t RGB airflow) and mobo (strix b-450f) and would like to get another RGB fan for the back, some LED light strips and the hydro H100i AIO CPU cooler. The case came with 3 SP120 RGB PRO fans and a Lighting Node Core. I’m just unsure if I would need to get the NoPro or CoPro and if i would have to change the fans on the Hydro 100i to SP120 or change the fans in my case to ML120 RGB PRO fans since the compatibility with fan controllers.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

• Corsair Employee
Hey Jaydbennett78, the Lighting Node Core only connections for the RGB portion of the fans, you'll still need proper fan headers to power (spin) the fan you add. So, if you think you'll run out of fan headers on your motherboard, it might be good to look at the Commander Pro since it'll give you 6 fan headers as well.

I was thinking of that but do I need the RGB LED Fan Hub for the CoPro or can I still use the Node Core? I assume to control fan speeds etc and rgb in the same menu of ICue I need the Fan Hub? I think I will get the CoPro but with stock atm they seem to be more expensive or there are no good deals :(

I was thinking of that but do I need the RGB LED Fan Hub for the CoPro or can I still use the Node Core? I assume to control fan speeds etc and rgb in the same menu of ICue I need the Fan Hub? I think I will get the CoPro but with stock atm they seem to be more expensive or there are no good deals :(

If you use the same type of fans you can use the node core for 6 fans. For the lightning part.

For fan control (spin) get the cpro if you want light and fan speeds to all be icue controlled. Or just connect the fans to your mobo for speed control.