Corsair Community

Corsair HS70 Wireless - Static in left ear only

I also just created an account to let you know that I still have the issue.

I bought the HS70 a year back and I had these problems from day one. I hoped that the problem was just a software issue and that corsair would fix it. I really love my K63 keyboard but seeing how corsair handles the obvious problems (or doesn't at all) just makes me not want to buy any other product from them.

The problem with the HS70 seems to be an unfixable one and it's just a shame that corsair doesn't recall the devices that have this issue as there seem to exist quite a lot of them.

I just can't believe that the people designing that headset were deaf enough to not hear the noise as it is extremely annoying. Releasing a product like this to your customers is just unacceptable.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
yeah, it's on every pair of these. I think reviewers just don't want to say anything too negative when brands give them free stuff. But this is a production issue with Corsair headsets. Send them back. Too bad because I really like the look of them and the ability to remove the microphone.

• 9 months later...

Just bought this headset a couple weeks ago and instantly noticed this buzz or hum in my left earpiece. It is so annoying and as mentioned, once you hear it you can't unhear it and it drives me insane. The only solution for me is to have sound playing. I can even have the volumes all the way down, the mic disconnected, the sidebar volume down, tap it, do a dance.. whatever. Nothing makes it go away until some audio is playing. The muted tab did nothing for me cause it I can only hear it when no audio is playing. It's a frequency buzz. I have used it in my desktop and my laptop and both provide the same sound. It even fluctuates, gets louder, softer, goes away for a couple seconds then returns. It's definitely making me contemplate returning them cause I don't want to deal with this.

I am also getting the issue where the dongle will just cut out completely and the headphones will not work unless you unplug the doggle then back in again. EXTREMELY annoying while in the middle of gaming. I've found from experience that this could be interference from other usb devices such as external hard drives, other wireless dongles etc. That is definitely something I have an issue with in that I have a dongle for my mouse, one for my keyboard and now the headphones. Too many wireless devices fighting and signals potentially interfering, but I've since moved them away from each other so we'll see if that works. Regardless, my first couples weeks experience is not what I anticipated after watching many reviews and ultimately deciding on this device based on those reviews. None of these issues were mentioned.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I have this same issue. I tried all the suggestions of port switching, iCUE adjustments, etc and nothing has helped. We have two sets of the H70 model. One works well and has little static in the left ear. It's tolerable. The other has an awful amount of static/humming. It's driving me up the wall. I think that if this issue hasn't been resolved by now that it never will be. If this item is still under warrantee, then I am going to return it.

• Corsair Employee
I have this same issue. I tried all the suggestions of port switching, iCUE adjustments, etc and nothing has helped. We have two sets of the H70 model. One works well and has little static in the left ear. It's tolerable. The other has an awful amount of static/humming. It's driving me up the wall. I think that if this issue hasn't been resolved by now that it never will be. If this item is still under warrantee, then I am going to return it.

Hi agillespie9,

Sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. I suggest contacting our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, they'll be able to take care of you.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is 2 years old. I have a HS70 wireless headphones and have the same issue for weeks. I found this thread now because i am trying to sleep with a buzzing sound in my left ear and it wont go away. This is a serius problem and can effect my hearing. Honestly corsair needs to be sued for this.

• 1 month later...
This is kind of annoying. I just bought these and noticed this. My VOIDs didn't do this, but this one does. How did this get overlooked? I guess I'll have to contact support and get a refund or replacements. It sounds like the Virtuoso has its own set of problems though....

• 6 months later...

I just got a HS70 PRO  for two Days ago and still in 2021 you haw the nois in the leaft side of the headset so i return the unit and got my money back from the store.. 

come on Corsair fix this alrady.  
it’s been over 3 years now and still no fix!!! 

you can turn on the headset with out the usb resiver plug in and still the nois is ther and if you turn down the volum on music or video the nois is still ther... 
This is not a software or driver problem there is simply a manufacturing defect on the device it self..   
its like the signal from the unit or the hardware it's self feed some unfilter power nois in to the leaft speaker...

• 3 weeks later...

Plugged my HS70 SE into a new PC via included USB dongle. Suddenly bad static in both ears. Worked great in my last PC.

Thanks to an earlier post by Calico Jack, I disabled "Sidetone". Static gone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone with this issue, 

I have had the same issue however personally it only happens to me whilst the headset is charging.

If you are looking through this thread and your headset is plugged in try unplugging it and seeing if there is a difference

It seems like a stupid response and one that is obvious however I was looking for half an hour and didn't even consider unplugging the headset 

This is still very poor from corsair though as this should not be an issue in wired or wireless mode, next time I purchase a wireless headset I will go with a different manufacturer 

Good luck to everyone 

Just now, tomf2 said:

Hi everyone with this issue, 

I have had the same issue however personally it only happens to me whilst the headset is charging.

If you are looking through this thread and your headset is plugged in try unplugging it and seeing if there is a difference

It seems like a stupid response and one that is obvious however I was looking for half an hour and didn't even consider unplugging the headset 

This is still very poor from corsair though as this should not be an issue in wired or wireless mode, next time I purchase a wireless headset I will go with a different manufacturer 

Good luck to everyone 

I believe the buzzing may still be there very quietly with wireless mode for me but I can live with it, wired mode was unusable on the other hand