Corsair Community

I have a question concerning some RGB fans. I am want to put some LL120 fans in my Phanteks 719 case but I am having a hard time figuring out how connect the RGB and power between all of them.

I am super new to this so I have no idea how any of this really works I know that each fans has two cords and one is for power and the other is for RGB. I have looked at the commander pro and I can power 6 fans off of that but how are you supposed to control the RGB? I have also looked into the CORSAIR RGB Fan LED Hub but I can't seem to find those anywhere and according to the pinned note I can control the RGB with this.

I am wanting to power and control 10 fans but I am not sure how. Basically I have no idea what I would need or how I would go about this.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Edited by Shamestain

The RGB FAQ has all the info you need.

Commander Pro is optional but really nice to have. It lets you control fan speeds. You'll need some splitters and/or a powered hub but you can do 10 on a CoPro. Just only do 2x splitters; no 3x.

You'll need two fan hubs as well. I would recommend 5 in each but it may work better to have them in 6/4 configuration. Place them on the fan hubs based on location. The multipacks of the LLs come with a Lighting Node Pro and a Fan Hub so make sure to get two of the multipacks for the fan hubs. The LNPs you can keep (and add strips), use for the fan RGB (if not using a CoPro), use to control the Phanteks case (requires a 3rd party adapter) or resell on eBay. Your choice.

The RGB FAQ has all the info you need.

Commander Pro is optional but really nice to have. It lets you control fan speeds. You'll need some splitters and/or a powered hub but you can do 10 on a CoPro. Just only do 2x splitters; no 3x.

You'll need two fan hubs as well. I would recommend 5 in each but it may work better to have them in 6/4 configuration. Place them on the fan hubs based on location. The multipacks of the LLs come with a Lighting Node Pro and a Fan Hub so make sure to get two of the multipacks for the fan hubs. The LNPs you can keep (and add strips), use for the fan RGB (if not using a CoPro), use to control the Phanteks case (requires a 3rd party adapter) or resell on eBay. Your choice.

Thank you so much for your reply! It makes a lot of sense and is very helpful. So in order to power them I can use a CoPro and then a 2x splitter in each of the power slots and the two fan hubs for the rgb correct?

Thank you so much for your reply! It makes a lot of sense and is very helpful. So in order to power them I can use a CoPro and then a 2x splitter in each of the power slots and the two fan hubs for the rgb correct?

Yeah. I'm personally run 10 fans from a single CoPro myself.

Oh ... and make sure to review the RGB FAQ a couple of times. It'll take more than one read when you are getting started for it to all soak in.

Yeah. I'm personally run 10 fans from a single CoPro myself.

Oh ... and make sure to review the RGB FAQ a couple of times. It'll take more than one read when you are getting started for it to all soak in.

Thank you! I was trying to figure this out for a while. I will definitely look over the RGB FAQ a couple more time.