iCUE version: 3.17.94 (latest)
MM800 Firmware: 1.02.50 (latest)

PC
Windows 10 64bit
Asrock x370 taichi
AMD Ryzen 1700
MSI RTX 2070
16GB corsair 2400Mhz RAM

I received an MM800 a couple of days ago and problems began from day one.

I already had iCUE installed as I have a K70 lux, LL120 fans and an set of LED strips, they all work fine, no problems there.

So when I plugged in the MM800 the rainbow default profile would load for a second then would go off. So I thought it was because it loaded my profile which had nothing assinged to the MM800 so I tried to assign some lighting to it, that didn't work.

So then I thought it was because cue was already loaded when I plugged it in. So I restarted it (fully closing it as restarting the service didn't work) and it worked! I thought that was it.

Until the LEDs stopped working again after a short while. Again same story, fully restarting CUE fixes the issue for a few minutes.

I have tried the following:
  • Repairing the CUE install.
  • Fully uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling
  • Tried a different USB port

The USB passthrough still works.

I believe this issue is software related, as when CUE is closed the default rainbow kicks in. I enabled the logs and as soon as the lights went off I checked them and noticed this exception being produced:

Code:
CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.Exceptions.ProDeviceException: No response ---> System.IO.IOException: Operation failed early. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at HidSharp.Platform.Windows.NativeMethods.OverlappedOperation(IntPtr ioHandle, IntPtr eventHandle, Int32 eventTimeout, IntPtr closeEventHandle, Boolean overlapResult, NativeOverlapped* overlapped, UInt32& bytesTransferred)
   at HidSharp.Platform.Windows.WinHidStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at HidSharp.HidStream.Write(Byte[] buffer)
   at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.ProDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.WriteOutputBufferBuilderData(ProDeviceOutputBufferBuilder builder)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.ProDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.WriteOutputBufferBuilderData(ProDeviceOutputBufferBuilder builder)
   at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.ProDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.WriteAndRead(ProDeviceOutputBufferBuilder builder)
   at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.FanDevice.ProFanDeviceDataProcessor.ReadFanState()
   at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.FanDevice.ProFanDevice.ProcessExternalTemperatureData(DeviceCommunicationData data)
   at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Barbuda.BarbudaDeviceComponent.ProcessExternalTemperatureData(DeviceCommunicationData data)
   at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.ProDevicesComponent.<InternalProcessExternalTemperatureData>d__14.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at CorsairLink4.Module.Common.BaseControlledComponent.<ProcessControlData>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at CorsairLink4.Service.Common.Utils.DeviceControlExtentions.<ProcessDeviceRequest>d__0.MoveNext()
   at CorsairLink4.Service.Common.Core.DevicesMonitor.<RunTask>d__29.MoveNext()
It's complaining about windows not being able to find a file? Would be nice to know what file that is

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Old 07-21-2019, 09:34 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012039
DevBiker Reputation: 88

What cooler do you have?
As for that log being related to the MM800 ... unlikely. The MM800 is controlled by iCUE itself, not the Corsair Service. That log is from the Corsair Service.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:53 AM
Blazor1994's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012075
Blazor1994 Reputation: 10

Ah right I see :)

My cpu cooler? It's a noctua heatsink with an ll120 as the fan with it connected to the cpu fan header
Old 07-22-2019, 07:55 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012076

Yeah, in looking at that a bit more - it's a BarbudaDeviceComponent - that's a Lighting Node Pro.

When the MM800 flakes out, can you check USBDeView to see if it's listed and connected?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:18 AM
Blazor1994's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012080

Will do!

What is the USB de view? Device manager in Windows? If it means anything, the USB pass through still works and it still shows up in CUE
Old 07-22-2019, 09:32 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012085

Download USBDeView from https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html
It shows all USB devices.

Old 07-22-2019, 03:43 PM
Blazor1994's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012123

Yep, it shows up in USBDeView.

Funny thing that happened though was that the lights were working but CUE showed a little red triangle and I couldn't select it.
When I unplugged it and plugged it back in, the triangle went, I could edit the lighting but the lighting on the pad had stopped...
Old 07-24-2019, 09:50 AM
Blazor1994's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012348

Just thought I'd let anyone know,

There was an update for ICUE and it seems to have fixed the issue :)

Spoke too soon, issue is still present :(

Last edited by Blazor1994; 07-24-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:45 PM
Blazor1994's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012909

BIG UPDATE!!!

Thanks to reading this forum post: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...=179600&page=2

I discovered that msi's mystic light was interferring (didn't even know mystic light could control corsair products, seems to be only the mouse pad) but once I killed the ledkeeper process the mousepad comes back to life!!!