The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2019, 06:08 PM

POST ID # = 993905
VenomXII Reputation: 10
Lightbulb iCue + Dolby Atmos [Status Update?]

Folks,
Do we have a status update on the iCue + Dolby Atmos bug?
For those that aren't aware; there is a known issue in using both Dolby Atmos and the iCue software. It appears as if the iCue Dolby surround thats built into iCue overrides the Atmos drivers.
Thx

I've also X-posted this on Reddit
iCue + Dolby Atmos [Status Update]

Last edited by VenomXII; 02-13-2019 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:44 PM

POST ID # = 994982
Livefreeordi3 Reputation: 10

I would love to get an update on this as well. I would love to get Atmos support for my Void Pro. I am willing to spend the Atmos license fee, but icue just seems to disable windows surround options.

Last edited by Livefreeordi3; 02-20-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:59 PM
DangerClose's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995042
DangerClose Reputation: 10

I use a Dolby Atmos receiver and 9.2 surround setup on my gaming rig. The Atmos support has been spotty from Nvidia using the HDMI output on my 2080Ti. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. After seeing your thread I am wondering if iCue has been breaking it? Sometimes I can enable the spatial effect, sometimes I can't.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:52 PM

POST ID # = 1003036
caveman19 Reputation: 10

Having just picked up a new Void Pro I can confirm that this is still a problem. Getting into things, I noticed that it is also not possible to change the multi-channel configuration of the headset either. Once iCUE is installed it thinks that the headset is an 8 channel device and takes over completely.

I would really like to see this fixed for Dolby Atoms and would also like to see the ability to change the multi-channel configuration as well in the future. There is only one driver in each ear, not sure why I can't pick a 2-channel configuration for music listening etc...

I suppose I still have ~28 days left before I have to return these, but I have yet to find a way to un-install the drivers without having to also uninstall iCUE, which is super unfortunate.

Please Fix!
Old 04-30-2019, 07:10 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Notepad's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003140
Corsair Notepad Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman19 View Post
Having just picked up a new Void Pro I can confirm that this is still a problem. Getting into things, I noticed that it is also not possible to change the multi-channel configuration of the headset either. Once iCUE is installed it thinks that the headset is an 8 channel device and takes over completely.

I would really like to see this fixed for Dolby Atoms and would also like to see the ability to change the multi-channel configuration as well in the future. There is only one driver in each ear, not sure why I can't pick a 2-channel configuration for music listening etc...

I suppose I still have ~28 days left before I have to return these, but I have yet to find a way to un-install the drivers without having to also uninstall iCUE, which is super unfortunate.

Please Fix!
Our headsets are not compatible with Dolby Atmos nor does it support multi channel configurations.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:56 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1003420
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

^ To clarify, when you have the headset as the default device and iCUE installed, Dolby Atmos is inaccessible because our headset is only compatible with it's own driver. It should be available in your audio settings for the speaker systems.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:16 PM
turbo_goat's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003971
turbo_goat Reputation: 10

i stumbled across this thread randomly...

Ive been pulling out my friggin hair trying to get my home theater to work with atmos and it was ICUE?!?!

oh my lordy

fix it, ive rma'd two aio's, been double charged for a case and refund is still being processed after months, said youd send a shirt (lol) as an act of good faith and never did, and idk. Fix it. imma make this a thread too.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:40 PM
dukeofhurl's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011510
dukeofhurl Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Calico Jack View Post
^ To clarify, when you have the headset as the default device and iCUE installed, Dolby Atmos is inaccessible because our headset is only compatible with it's own driver. It should be available in your audio settings for the speaker systems.
Thanks for this info. This is really bad and dumb. I just returned my pair.