The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-22-2019, 11:15 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995237
Zotty Reputation: 52

H buddy.. need more info,,

how is it all set up?
Old 02-27-2019, 05:45 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
other Faq's and links added
Old 03-05-2019, 04:02 PM
A Mighty CORSAlR™
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996509
Glzmo Reputation: 10

Wonderful guide. Thank you very much for creating it and the graphis, Zotty.

I just got a Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB Fan and it registers as an "RGB Light Strip" in iCue. was wondering if I could connect it at the end of a chain of RGB LED Lighting PRO Strips on a single connector of the lighting node pro and if it's possible, how many strips would I be able to chain before it. Do you have any idea if something like that would work? I'd like to avoid connecting another lighting node pro at this point since I'd have to add another SATA cable to my PSU and my case is rather crammed in the out of view cable portion already.

As for my setup, the first connector of my Lighting Node Pro is used for the RGB hub with 6 ML-RGB fans, the second currently for my Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB fan which I was hoping I could connect the strips in between since it already registers as a Light strip anyway.

Last edited by Glzmo; 03-05-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:13 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996510
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
Wonderful guide. Thank you very much for creating it and the graphis, Zotty.

I just got a Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB Fan and it registers as a Strip in iCue. was wondering if I could connect it at the end of a chain of RGB LED Lighting PRO Strips on a single connector of the lighting node pro and if it's possible, how many strips would I be able to chain before it. Do you have any idea if something like that would work? I'd like to avoid connecting another lighting node pro at this point (the first connector of my Lighting Node Pro is used for the RGB hub with 6 ML-RGB fans, the second currently for my Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB fan which I was hoping I could connect the strips in between).
I take it that it has the 3-pin connector? And 10 LEDs (hence ... a strip)?
In that case, you can put 5 strips in front of it and daisy-chain it to the end.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:01 PM
A Mighty CORSAlR™
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996528

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
I take it that it has the 3-pin connector? And 10 LEDs (hence ... a strip)?
In that case, you can put 5 strips in front of it and daisy-chain it to the end.
Yes, it's the same 3-pin connector you connect directly to the Lighting Node Pro.
Not sure how many LEDs it has. Might be 12, though, according to the information in the top post, so not sure.

I've ordered a pack of four strips for now and will see how it goes. Worth a shot, I guess. If push comes to shove, I can always add that second Lighting Node Pro that came with the Dominator Airflow even though I prefer not to. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:51 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996574

ohh exciting times.... keep us updated dude... i only got to play with the older version of that Ram cooler my self.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:42 AM
A Mighty CORSAlR™
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996747
Thumbs up

Quote:
ohh exciting times.... keep us updated dude... i only got to play with the older version of that Ram cooler my self.
Alright, here's the promised update, and it's good news.

I just got my 4-pack of RGB LED Lighting PRO Strips, daisy-chained them on channel 2 (configured as RGB Light Strip in iCue) of my Lighting node Pro with my Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB Fan at the end of the chain. No problem at all, everything seems to be working fine, thus the experiment can be seen as a success. I'd assume 5 strips+Airflow Platinum RGB Fan should work fine on one channel as well.

Feel free to add the information to your top post, Zotty.

My case is now lit up like an X-Mas Tree. Now I just need to diffuse those strips (I'm thining about putting some fine sandpaper to work) and re-arrange them a bit for the optimal effect. :)

Last edited by Glzmo; 03-07-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:24 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996750

YAY.. Progress was made today!,, glad you are sorted buddy :).. and will make edits reflecting your findings :)
Old 03-11-2019, 04:50 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997196

Quote:

Spec Omega RGB

Supplied Devices, 1 x Spec Omega edition Lighting Node Pro. This differs from a Normal Lighting Node pro as it's LED channel 1 is set to power the front chassis lighting's 30 LED's, it appears in iCUE as the Spec Omega rather than a normal Lighting Node Pro.

2 x HD 120 RGB Fans, 1 x RGB Fan LED Hub

edits/updates and Spec Omega RGB Case info added
Old 03-22-2019, 09:31 AM
A Mighty CORSAlR™
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998526

Since I just got myself another Lighting Node Pro due to going with HD fans on the inside and ML Fans on the outside (syncing up the airflow on the radiator was a bit tricky, but worked out well) which also came with 4 more strips, I'm able to confirm that you can chain 5 of them together and hook the Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB Fan to the end of the chain and it works fine.

Last edited by Glzmo; 03-22-2019 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:52 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
Since I just got myself another Lighting Node Pro due to going with HD fans on the inside and ML Fans on the outside (syncing up the airflow on the radiator was a bit tricky, but worked out well) which also came with 4 more strips, I'm able to confirm that you can chain 5 of them together and hook the Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB Fan to the end of the chain and it works fine.
yay... thanks dude :)..
Old 03-25-2019, 05:05 AM
Semi-Pro R6 Siege Player
wishmaster82's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998875
wishmaster82 Reputation: 10
Default Need help with Spec Delta RGB fans

Hi Guys. I am not sure what model are the RGB fans that came with my Carbide Spec Delta Casing. Are they compatible with any of the RGB controllers of Corsair ? Also what series are they? SD HD LL???
Old 03-25-2019, 07:52 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998892
DevBiker Reputation: 88

The fans in the Carbide Spec Delta are "none of the above". They are specific to that case and the only fans in the Corsair lineup that are 12V Aura-compatible.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:50 PM

POST ID # = 999457
therandomest Reputation: 10

Hello, I'm trying to set up a Corsair RGB system and wanted to check and see if this would work. First, what I'm trying to control:

- 8 LL fans on two quad rads
- 2 ML case fans
- 2 LED strips. These are not Corsair brand (link here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KFLC814/) but I've taken off their 3-pin connector and replaced it with one that is compatible with Corsair (Molex 50-57-9403).

My plan was to have one Lightning Node that controlled it all. From one Lightning port, a Y-splitter cable (3-pin, 2-wire) going to two RGB hubs that separately controlled my case fans and my rad fans. The 8 LL fans would require two Y-splitter 4-pin cables to get them into the 6 ports. Then use the other Lightning port to control the LED strips. Would this work? Image below:

corsair.jpg

My main concern is the split cable coming from the Lightning node and the off-brand LED strips.

Any help is much appreciated thanks!
Old 03-29-2019, 06:53 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999489

The splitter would work on the fan hubs no problem... its its not recommended to run more than 7 fans on a hub though.. and i cant comment on the strips as i have only messed with corsairs strips in icue

And always remember this is not how corsair specced the system so its all at your own risk