The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2019, 01:08 AM

POST ID # = 1011858
TinyBabyOwl Reputation: 10
Default iCUE is an absolute dumpster fire.

The software will randomly stop detecting devices or just completely freeze up and then none of my device profiles work. Usually have to restart the corsair service, and even then I'll still have to unplug my mouse wireless dongle and plug it back in to get iCUE to detect it.

I've tried reinstalling the software and it's still the same. Anyone else have similar experiences and know of any fixes?
Old 07-20-2019, 10:09 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011879
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Can you be more specific as to which hardware you have? Filling out your system details is helpful, too.
And a question - are you running any other monitoring tools? HWInfo, perhaps? Something else?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:40 PM

POST ID # = 1011906

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Can you be more specific as to which hardware you have? Filling out your system details is helpful, too.
And a question - are you running any other monitoring tools? HWInfo, perhaps? Something else?
I have the K70 RGB MK.2 LP keyboard (currently undetected with a red exclamation point icon, simply because I woke my computer), a dark core RGB SE mouse, MM1000 RGB mousepad, and void pro wireless headset.

Not running any other monitoring software right now.

i7-6700k
1080Ti
Win 10

For what it's worth I have an AMD Ryzen 7 3800x coming in the next few days, so I'll be doing a clean install of windows at that time.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:07 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011907
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Well, then, at this point, it's somewhat pointless to troubleshoot the issue with your system, isn't it?
In general, then, as this will apply to the Ryzen system as well, make sure that your system USB drivers are up to date. Windows has a nasty tendency of overwriting them or otherwise breaking things with updates - so reinstalling them from the manufacturer's site isn't unreasonable. Also, a repair install, rather than a re-install, solves many issues.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:56 AM
A Computer Guy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011951
A Computer Guy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyBabyOwl View Post
I have the K70 RGB MK.2 LP keyboard (currently undetected with a red exclamation point icon, simply because I woke my computer), a dark core RGB SE mouse, MM1000 RGB mousepad, and void pro wireless headset.

Not running any other monitoring software right now.

i7-6700k
1080Ti
Win 10

For what it's worth I have an AMD Ryzen 7 3800x coming in the next few days, so I'll be doing a clean install of windows at that time.
I just went through a AMD Ryzen 7 3800x upgrade just recently so you may want to read this so you understand the CPU is working normally before you realize the effect on CPU max boosting with iCue and freak out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...3rd_gen_ryzen/

Any application that hits the CPU (including iCue) can trigger boosting and if you end up in a situation with any program (that looks like) it triggers max boosting across all cores (because of frequent enough hits to the CPU) it will of course generate more heat than idle (but less than if you really fully loaded all cores). I don't know why people are surprised by this but letting you know you're in for a surprise if you didn't know already.

Personally I don't think it's really a problem but clearly some are bothered by it and there are various things you can do to re-balance performance and counter the sensitivity of the CPU boosting behavior if it bothers you.

Last edited by A Computer Guy; 07-21-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:28 AM

POST ID # = 1011961
Faraday Reputation: 10

I am having the same problems as you. More specifically, it happened when I switched users in Windows.

Since the beginning, iCue was behaving weirdly when I tried changing the color pattern.

When I tried setting a solid color for the backlight, the function buttons stopped working.

Sorry for not being able to help, but at least I know that other people are experiencing similar issues.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:19 PM

POST ID # = 1012001

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Computer Guy View Post
I just went through a AMD Ryzen 7 3800x upgrade just recently so you may want to read this so you understand the CPU is working normally before you realize the effect on CPU max boosting with iCue and freak out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...3rd_gen_ryzen/

Any application that hits the CPU (including iCue) can trigger boosting and if you end up in a situation with any program (that looks like) it triggers max boosting across all cores (because of frequent enough hits to the CPU) it will of course generate more heat than idle (but less than if you really fully loaded all cores). I don't know why people are surprised by this but letting you know you're in for a surprise if you didn't know already.

Personally I don't think it's really a problem but clearly some are bothered by it and there are various things you can do to re-balance performance and counter the sensitivity of the CPU boosting behavior if it bothers you.
Oh yeah I've read about that, and like you it doesn't bother me too much. Most people that seem concerned are upping their voltage and OC'ing. I am gonna give it a while for Microsoft and AMD to tighten things up before I do any of that.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:27 PM
A Computer Guy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012017
A Computer Guy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyBabyOwl View Post
Oh yeah I've read about that, and like you it doesn't bother me too much. Most people that seem concerned are upping their voltage and OC'ing. I am gonna give it a while for Microsoft and AMD to tighten things up before I do any of that.
Indeed. I noticed after updating from Windows 10 18.09 to 19.03 did seem to help. I'm running a little cooler than before, there are now 3 Ryzen power plans (balance, performance, and power saver) and the cores don't seem to be boosting as much when iCue is running.