Corsair Community

Unreasonably High Temperatures

Straafe

Hello!

I recently installed a Corsair Hydro X Cooling setup on my computer (CPU only loop) and when I am stress testing it, it is going up to 85 degrees. During normal gaming, my CPU goes up to 70 degrees and my idle temps are 30-40 degrees. I've had the same problem with my old Corsair H100i AIO Cooler. Is my CPU not contacting the dye properly or is the pre-applied thermal compound not good? Thanks

CPU: i7-7700k

MOBO: Asus Z270e Strix

Hi.

I have excellent performance with Corsair Hydro X running mine delided 8700K @5.2GHz and 2080TI on the same loop. I am doubt if you have issues with pre-applied thermal compound. What Oc are you running? HT on or off? Maybe you running too high voltage? Did you try to set custom cooling curve for the pump?

Your CPU is a furnace, as proven by both Hydro X custom cooling and your old H100i AIO. 85°C under full load stress test is to be expected with 7700K, especially if your idle temps are around 40°C. But don't worry, 7700K can operate normally up to 100°C no problem.

Some key pieces of information are missing before we can tell you anything of any value at all.

1) Ambient/room temperature

2) CPU Voltage (vCore)

3) Coolant temperature

4) Cooler configuration (intake vs exhaust)

And ... the 7700K has crappy TIM. As skyteam mentioned, delidding does wonders for temps on Kaby Lake (and Skylake and Coffee Lake 8th Gen).