Corsair Community

Something's wrong with my Corsair MP510

speancer

Hello,

Recently I started noticing something really weird happening with my MP510 drive's performance...

I ran some basic tests and results are horrendously bad, not only in the benchmarks, but also in real case scenario, like copying a Windows 10 ISO file. Before I could make several copies with full speed of this very same file, now the drive begins to choke just after 2-3 copies and drops performance significantly.

Also, my drive refuses to update the firmware to 12.3 version, I'm on 12.2. The process just fails every time. My problems started before I tried to update it, however. I actually tried to update it to see if it would change anything.

What the hell is happening? :bigeyes: I attach a screenshot showing drastic change in test results.

Also please note that there's still A LOT of free space on the drive and it's just been a few months since I bought it. I did not really notice any decrease in system or gaming performance though.

I take good care of my PC, everything's sorted, no infections, rubbish, etc. Everything should be in perfect shape.

Please help!

2O8gBah.jpg

I believe after you have written a certain amount of data to the drive then the write speed will drop to around 1000MB/s. This is due to the design of the drive and size of the cache, it is a compromise we have to make at this price. Try deleting some files and tell me if this restores the write speed performance.

Dude, do you see the difference in benchmark results? There is 90% drop at some cases and the drive is not even half full. Also I tested the drive a lot when I purchased it, I filled it with data, and there were just slight performance drops, not absolutely insanely huge ones I have now even though drive is not even close to full. Edited by speancer