Corsair Community

H100i Platinum SE Problem

exuQ

Hey yall,

i just bought the Corsair Crystal 680X case and some fans.

uh yeah and the Hydro 100i Platinum SE.

Setup is White on White !

So i just noticed the Fans didnt came with any Y cables or something so i can actually put them all on my Motherboard.

Well thats not the problem. My problem is actually with the AIO Cooler!!

I just did everything 1 - 1 like in the guidebook.

SO the 3pin cable which has actually only 1 Cable in it, it says head it to the "CPU FAN" slot. Well okay but my Fans didnt spin faster if i put load on the system.

Can someone help me?

iCue says my Pump is on 2340RPM???? constant doesnt change at all.

My fans are around 900-1000ish doesnt matter what i do.

Im kinda lost.

Kind Regards.

You bought a software controlled cooler. You need to download the software.

iCUE 3.23 https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

Within the application are all your lighting, cooler, and any other linked devices. This does require a USB 2 connection to the motherboard. X570 can be a bit picky.

Also, just FYI, Hydro X is the custom water cooling section. "Cooling" is where most of the AIO questions are addressed, although it really doesn't matter between iCUE vs cooling as often the issues overlap.

Thanks for ur fast answer!

Yeah i already have the iCue Software.

And thats the point. I can change between Quiet, Balanced, Extreme or i can put the Fans from the Radiator on 100%.

So the System doesnt work like this sample:

No Load = Low RPM on Radiator Fans / Load/Full Load = High/Max RPM on Radiator Fans?

Shouldnt it be like that?

My old AIO did that on his own without me doin anything in a software.

And YES my x570 has 2 - USB 2 Ports.

So the System doesnt work like this sample:

No Load = Low RPM on Radiator Fans / Load/Full Load = High/Max RPM on Radiator Fans?

Shouldnt it be like that?

No, that’s not how the cooling works. Heat created at the CPU pins as a result of voltage applied. That is conducted through the cpu, TIM, cold plate, and then into the cooling system. You can’t control any of that, except by altering voltage.

The cooling system takes the heat conducted into it and dumps it somewhere else. When you add more to the cooling system then it releases, coolant temp goes up. When it realess more heat than is put in, it goes down. Fan speed governs the rate of heat release (and to a much lesser extent pump speed). If the coolant temp doesn’t go up, then all the heat dumped in being released and you don’t need more fan speed. People are accustomed to the rapid rise and fall of cpu air coolers. Those type of coolers don’t really work like that either, but there is no way to reliably measure the heat capacity and it is drastically lower capacity than a water cooler. They need to dump all the heat as gas it can. Water coolers do not.

The general rule is +1C coolant temperature = +1C CPU temp. Small numbers. Don’t blast the fans to reduce coolant/cpu temp by 1C. It’s a bad trade. Voltage will always prevent you from running the clocks as high as you’d like. Nothing you can do about that. 10 x 360mm radiators in a loop won’t let you run 1.50v. It’s still too hot at the cpu. Getting rid of the heat is not the problem. It’s too hot at the origination point.