Corsair Community

H100i pump noise

Flaubertlives

Hi there,

just got myself a H100i, it's my first liquid cooler as I've always had air before.

I'm having an issue with pump noise, I can hear it above all fans in the case.

After disconnecting all fans it's definitely the pump. It's a kind of high (well not low) pitched buzzing noise.

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Id try just running it a few days to see if the noise diminishes as it could have been shaken up during shipment as these hydros are not completely full to allow for expansion.you may also try laying your case on it side a few hours to see if this helps...

Hi wytnyt,

I have had it installed and running for the best part of a week so far. I'd also purchased some new fans so put the noise change down to them.

But as time went on it sounded less and less like it was noise from fans, so I unplugged them one at a time and it turned out to be the pump.

As for laying it on it's side, I can, but what does this do?

Thanks again

Great, I guess I'll be sending it back then.

Is the pump meant to run pretty much silently? That's what I've seen from some people looking around the forums.

I know I can expect some noise, but just using a cheap phone app, the noise levels jump from around 35 dB with the PC off, to around 55dB from just running the pump with no fans spinning at all.

Wow, in addition to this, one of the fans has stopped.

It seems the left (when looking at the H100i installed) fan power port on the pump does not fully work. It only seems to power 1 fan. I have tried this with different fan configurations and with both fan power cables provided. The 1 fan that does receive power is always the one connected to the same branch of the power splitter cable, but even then sometimes it's neither that receive power. I think the port is faulty too!

I've really not had much luck with this at all.

Hi, I have the same problem with my H100i. I hear noise from CPU area and thought it might be the pump.

When I was installing the cooler backplate was moving around. Is it possible that the pump is vibrating because of this? This was my 2nd replacement already.

How are your temps, candeh?

I think that the temp is normal. 40C. Using 4790K. Sometimes the sound is very annoying and sometimes I barely hear my PC.

I also remembered that I removed that plastic thing of the backplate if that is maybe causing noise, vibrations...

Fans are SP120 High Performance set on 800RPM so the sound is not coming from fans.

Is that load or idle temps? Is the noise always present or does it appear randomly?

The plastic layer on the backplate is to prevent the backplate from shorting the motherboard. If you want to check if the backplate is creating the noise, hold the backplate down and see if the noise stops.

Is that load or idle temps? Is the noise always present or does it appear randomly?

The plastic layer on the backplate is to prevent the backplate from shorting the motherboard. If you want to check if the backplate is creating the noise, hold the backplate down and see if the noise stops.

That's idle temp. Noise appears randomly, sometimes is quiet and sometimes making that noise.

I have one backplate with plastics still at home, I will change it in a few days to see if that is causing the problem.

Are you overclocking or is the 4790K at stock speed? If you're overclocking, that's probably about right for idle, but if it's at stock that's a bit high and may be a sign that either the pump is mounted incorrectly or that the pump itself is bad.

That's stock speed. Probably because fans are running at 800RPM?

I was planning to reinstall cooler anyway, so I'll check if it correctly seated.

Archived