Corsair Community

Difference between SP120 Performance and Quiet Edition

candeh

I was looking for a new fans on Corsair's website for my H100i. I checked for Quiet Edition and Performance Edition but on specifications it shows that they are the same?

Quiet Edition: LINK

Performance Edition: LINK

Can somebody tell me what is the difference? I plan to connect the fans to H80i controller and then set RPM to 900. Will quiet edition be more quiet than performance if both are on 900 RPM?

Thanks

I was looking for a new fans on Corsair's website for my H100i. I checked for Quiet Edition and Performance Edition but on specifications it shows that they are the same?

Quiet Edition: LINK

Performance Edition: LINK

Can somebody tell me what is the difference? I plan to connect the fans to H80i controller and then set RPM to 900. Will quiet edition be more quiet than performance if both are on 900 RPM?

Thanks

Load both pages into tabs in your browser, select the Specifications tab on each and alternate between the two. Inches of water are different. RPM are different. Airflow CFM are different. Decibels of sound are different. Power draws are different. High Performance is beefier all around, but the price paid is more power to run them and louder; because their doing more work.

Load both pages into tabs in your browser, select the Specifications tab on each and alternate between the two. Inches of water are different. RPM are different. Airflow CFM are different. Decibels of sound are different. Power draws are different. High Performance is beefier all around, but the price paid is more power to run them and louder; because their doing more work.

Thanks, I didn't notice that tab there.

About H100i controller. Is Quiet Edition still quieter than Performance Edition if they are both run at 900RPM on Corsair Link? Or they have the same sound level at that speed?

If the same style of fan runs at the same RPM, it should produce similar decibels. The fan blades on the two editions are the same, thus the result above. The main difference between the two would be the max power each runs at. As Speed mentioned above the Quiet Edition fans run with less voltage, thus they run at a lower RPM overall, for the same percentage of total power output, when compared to the Performance Edition fans. Do note that for PWM fans, voltage is constant for each fan, unlike standard 3-pin fans, so the Quiet Edition, for example, simply runs at a lower voltage setting overall.

Archived