Corsair Community

Screenshot assign to G1

SAngeli

Hi,

I am new to iCUE software and miss the fact that there is no video tutorial that covers the entire software usage or a full detailed manual to consult. At least I failed to find one and Corsair support team told me there is no one available.

I have a new K55 keyboard and wish to assign to G1 the following key actions: LeftWin + LeftShift + S

This sequence allows me to take a selective screenshot in Windows 10.

I do not know how to create this action even if I tried to?

I was told to create a key remap but did not work. I thought creating a Macro but it does not work meaning I record it and assign the macro to G1 but when I press the key nothing happens.

Also I wish to know if I can shorten up the delay time for each keys I press that iCUES assigns when recording the macro so I can speed up the sequence and have the action run as fast as possible.

As for creating Ctrl - Z or Ctrl - C I think I can create a keystroke action, correct?

Lastly, if you can refer me some useful link to where I can learn how to use iCUE (videos tutorial or pdf manuals) I would greately appreciate it.

Thank you...

The K55 is a little different in some areas than the other keyboards, but try creating an Action from keyboard page (Action, +), then change Macro in the drop down to "Remap Keystroke". There will be a little field box and after selecting it, physically type Win + Shift + S on the keyboard, just like if you were doing it normally. The key commands should appear in the field. Then you can assign it to any key by selecting it in the picture above and that key should highlight yellow when selected.

Remap keystroke is sort of "macro light" and good for stuff like this. You can do the same with the normal macro command, but then need to fuss with the delays, removing them, mouse clicks, etc.

This is the only video tutorial page that comes to mind and you may have already seen it. The program has a lot of complexity and frankly if someone did make a complete guide, it would be massive enough to be an immediate deterrent. Most of the learning is going to be trial and error, stealing other people's good ideas whenever you see one, and of course you can always ask here.

Many thanks for your suggestions. I was able to solve my issue.

Thanks for the useful link.

I really like this K55 RGB keyboard, especially the feel and quiteness of when I press a button.

Just to know and for future reference, is there any similar keyboard that does not have meccanical keys but has the same lovely feeling of this keys and still is fully RGB?

If hyptetically speaking I wish in the future to get another keyboard is Red keys the equivalent of what I have not?

The K55 and it's wireless sibling K57 have the same rubber dome switches. I have a K57 and have a general understanding of how it feels. If you are a little apprehensive about mechanical keyboards, the two to look at would be the "Silent Key" Strafe RGB/K70 RGB MK.2 or the two "low profile" K70 MK.2 with speed or red switches.

The silent switches attempt to minimize key noise as much as possible. The low profile attacks that issue from a different standpoint - key height. I have a K70 Mk.2 Low Profile and it is stunningly quiet for a mechanical keyboard and very comfortable. I thought it was kind of a gimmick when it first game out. I was wrong.