Corsair Community

LS100 video lighting conflicts with Gsync?

uKGMAN

I'm very interested in the LS100 strips for the ambient lighting options. I was ready to pull the trigger on the starter pack until I read a few posts saying they conflict with Gsync.

Can anybody who has used these or anybody from corsair confirm or deny this?

I really want the strips but it's a no go if they will not work with Gsync, logitech's version of this called screen sampling works no problem with Gsync.

Thanks for any help

yeah I can confirm it aswell now I actually have the kit myself. Gsync stops working while the video lighting option is enabled. Hopefully this can be fixed because it's stopping me using the strips for the main feature I wanted them for.

Well, I'm using it with GSync and haven't had an issue. Note, however, that I'm using a fully GSync monitor - not the GSync/FreeSync compatibility.

Keep in mind that you need to exclude iCUE from GSync completely - this isn't due to the LS100 strips and has been discussed at length here before. You can do that in the GSync settings.

unfortunately this didn't work, even when icue is excluded from using Gsync it instantly gets disabled when video lighting is turned on. I have a true Gsync monitor (dell S2716DG) and the latest nvidia drivers.

Games i tried were

Battlefield 5

Battlefront 2

PUBG

Hunt

Gears 5

Forza Horizon 4

Metro Exodus

Detroit become human

Red dead 2

So i tested a range of titles and all exhibit the same problem. I am using the Gsync indicator built into the driver but it's also painfully obvious when Gsync isn't working due to the screen tearing and stuttery feel of mouse movement

If you mean a true Gsync monitor with the actual Gsync module that exactly what my monitor is. It's not freesync. It's a proper Gsync screen and it still gets disabled when ambient video lighting is enabled. It's still an awesome kit and I have had tons of fun playing with the options and syncing the lights to the rest of my corsair gear, I just hope this gets fixed pretty quick

well i have the same problem with freesync it doesnt get deactivated it just brings freesync out of sync. with steady 100fps for example it jumps between 80hz and 144hz... i think it is because of the style they use for video grabbing. they need to use a virtual desktop not an overlay.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Seconded?

I got an LG 27GL850 and an LG 27GL83A.

When GSync is on, video lighting works on neither of them.

When GSync is off, video lighting works on the LG 27GL83A (set as my primary monitor), but not on the other.

Please fix this?

Edited by Carys

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can confirm the same issue happens on me BenQ EX2780Q (Freesync monitor).

When video ambient lighting works, G-sync (compatible) doesn't. I have to turn off the ambient and restart iCue to have G-sync compatible works.

Already did what @DevBiker suggested, but still got no luck.

• 1 month later...
Keep in mind that you need to exclude iCUE from GSync completely - this isn't due to the LS100 strips and has been discussed at length here before. You can do that in the GSync settings.

Can you confirm how you excluded iCue from Gsync?

Did you go to the Nvidia control panel -> Manage 3d settings -> Program settings and under Monitor Technology, set iCue to fixed refresh rate instead of gsync?