Corsair Community

Ax760I issue

wytnyt

This computer has been off for a couple months now and all was ok when last turned off.

First I have all the normal lights on the motherboard when turned off,but when I turn it on it powers up for a split second and shuts off,with no further response from the power button, the only way to initiate a boot is to cycle the main power switch.

Doing this only repeats the split second power reaction.

If I continue doing this it eventually will boot into windows but will shut down within a few minutes

As noted this build was working fine when last shut down but we have had a couple short power outages lately.

It may also be worth noting this m/b has the diagnostic code checks and once it does boot up,it passes all the m/b checks

I know its a holiday weekend and dont expect a response till next week but would appreciate assistance from a mod then

After this Ill continue my absence from the forum

thx

I have seen the same effect a few times and it was always down to an issue with the PSU.

Can you try using a different PSU? You only need to connect the 24-pin + 4/8-pin motherboard power to do a quick test.

Several posts have been helped that were posted after me so ill assume mine was simply over looked,however addressing this would certainly be cheaper than rma'ing it thru corsair

i have noticed having the main power off and when holding front power depressed and then turning on main power ,the computer will boot up.

Archived