Corsair Community

I tried programming macros on the G1 - G6 keys for my AMD RAdeon game recording software. It works but also each time the key is depressed, it brings up the Microsoft log in page to Powerpoint and various Microsoft screens. Am I missing something? Why does it do that?

Corsair K55 RBG keyboard

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit operating system

AMD Radeon Software

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ticket 2003920413

Thu, Jan 14, 7:12 PM (5 days ago)'

I have the same problem. It's been 2 months since you asked. Any luck?

K55 corsair keyboard

with iCue installed on one laptop running windows 10

open notepad

Press MR G1 (text) MR

press G1

a few characters of (text) in notepad, office programs and windows settings pops up behind notepad.

go into iCue, delete delays.

press G1

Plays back correctly in notepad.

unplug keyboard, plug into second laptop running windows 10

G key press does nothing.

I press MR G1 (text) MR

press G1

a few characters of (text) in notepad, office programs and windows settings pops up behind notepad.

• 1 month later...

This is an ongoing issue, I just purchased two K55 Keyboards and instantly ran into the same problem when trying to use the macro keys, I'm using Windows 10 Home.

If I assign a macro (Ctrl, Alt, Shift & V) to say G1 "on the fly" without iCue software then press the G1 key it will run the macro but also:

- Open "About" in the Windows Settings

- Try to open a Microsoft office 360 app (Which I don't have installed)

- Open about 10 tabs of "Activate Office 360" in Google Chrome

If I install iCue the macros will work as intended but that's beside the point, I specifically bought the keyboards for the advertised feature of macro keys being "programmable on the fly" to avoid wasting PC resources on additional software. At this point the "on the fly" macro keys are just false advertising. Furthermore if I quit iCue while the PC is running the above unwanted behaviors run without even pressing a macro key!

There are 3 Forum threads on this topic already dating back as far as November 2020 and so far the only solutions offered by Corsair are to either install iCue or RMA the keyboard....

Needless to say I'll be returning these keyboards and purchasing something else that works as advertised, unfortunately this has left a sour taste in my mouth in regards to buying Corsair products in the future.

• 1 month later...
This is an ongoing issue, I just purchased two K55 Keyboards and instantly ran into the same problem when trying to use the macro keys, I'm using Windows 10 Home.

If I assign a macro (Ctrl, Alt, Shift & V) to say G1 "on the fly" without iCue software then press the G1 key it will run the macro but also:

- Open "About" in the Windows Settings

- Try to open a Microsoft office 360 app (Which I don't have installed)

- Open about 10 tabs of "Activate Office 360" in Google Chrome

If I install iCue the macros will work as intended but that's beside the point, I specifically bought the keyboards for the advertised feature of macro keys being "programmable on the fly" to avoid wasting PC resources on additional software. At this point the "on the fly" macro keys are just false advertising. Furthermore if I quit iCue while the PC is running the above unwanted behaviors run without even pressing a macro key!

There are 3 Forum threads on this topic already dating back as far as November 2020 and so far the only solutions offered by Corsair are to either install iCue or RMA the keyboard....

Needless to say I'll be returning these keyboards and purchasing something else that works as advertised, unfortunately this has left a sour taste in my mouth in regards to buying Corsair products in the future.

EXACTLY the problem I am having. What is being done about this? What is the solution? I cannot get iCUE to work, so don't tell me to use that.