Corsair Community

Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless Double-Click Problem (Solved)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I register here because after the last update for Harpoon Wireless (dongleV.1.7.58 )(mouseV.1.11.113). No more double-click issue but it is replace with the hold-click-drag issue, like after doing that the mouse is registering 4 to 5 clicks. Send help pls.

• Corsair Employee
Another update for those of you who still experienced issues even after updating to the latest FW. Our latest iCUE release (3.36.125) has an added feature that allows you to adjust the debounce time. Try adjusting the timing and provide an update if this still doesn't improve on the clicking behavior.

I've followed this thread for about 6 months hoping for a fix to the mouse I received as a gift. Since then, the side buttons have stopped working in addition to the double clicks persisting no matter what firmware I switch to and my Corsair keyboard is starting to get double presses on keys. I used to be very impressed with Corsair's products.

Another update for those of you who still experienced issues even after updating to the latest FW. Our latest iCUE release (3.36.125) has an added feature that allows you to adjust the debounce time. Try adjusting the timing and provide an update if this still doesn't improve on the clicking behavior.

Unable to find this option in my ICUE can you tell where to look for it. I have updated to the latest version.

I've followed this thread for about 6 months hoping for a fix to the mouse I received as a gift. Since then, the side buttons have stopped working in addition to the double clicks persisting no matter what firmware I switch to and my Corsair keyboard is starting to get double presses on keys. I used to be very impressed with Corsair's products.

Same has happened to me. No matter what firmware, my left mouse double clicks and spam clicks and my side buttons cease to function.

Same as another poster above, I updated to the latest iCUE version, and that debouncing option does not exist.

I just downloaded 3.36.125.

I have a Ironclaw Wireless RGB, with mouse and dongle firmware 1.16.107 and 1.11.52 respectively. Both say they are the latest.

I do not see the "Button Optimization" at all.

For my keyboard, (K95 Platinum XT) there is a "Increase Key Switch Debounce Time" that allows me to set ms, but there is no such similar setting for the mouse.

I also tried plugged the mouse in via USB to see if the setting would appear, but it still did not.

Maybe this is a dev item that's in a future release and didn't get merged to 3.36.125?

If we need to start using this, is it possible to add a tuning enhancement to the app, instead of having the user try arbitrary 'ms' settings in for the debounce setting? If it asks the user to do a series single clicks, it should be able to detect the timing for any bounced double clicks, then it can ask the user to do a series of double clicks as quickly as they can to see what the 'shortest' realistic delay is (it would have to account for the fact that there may be 3 or 4 clicks due to bouncing). It can then find a value, hopefully, between the bounce timing and the actual double click timing (maybe weighted more toward the bounce timing) to automatically set. I feel this would be a better user experience than trying arbitrary numbers and keep tuning until you no longer have bouncing issues, while also not introducing filtering of actual double clicks.

Hi, I register here because after the last update for Harpoon Wireless (dongleV.1.7.58 )(mouseV.1.11.113). No more double-click issue but it is replace with the hold-click-drag issue, like after doing that the mouse is registering 4 to 5 clicks. Send help pls.

I had a similar issue. Switching the pull rate to 500hz and back to 1000hz fixed it for me. I hope this helps. The new update is flawless for me

• Corsair Employee

Sorry for the confusion, the firmware update to enable the Button Optimization feature has not been pushed yet, which is why it is not showing for all of you. For those of you experiencing clicking issues, is it occuring when the mouse is at a standstill on the surface, or when you lift and reposition the mouse?

If the double clicking is occurring while using the latest iCUE and FW for Harpoon Wireless, and while stationary on the surface, I'd recommend putting in a support ticket for a replacement.

https://support.corsair.com/

Sorry for the confusion, the firmware update to enable the Button Optimization feature has not been pushed yet, which is why it is not showing for all of you. For those of you experiencing clicking issues, is it occuring when the mouse is at a standstill on the surface, or when you lift and reposition the mouse?

If the double clicking is occurring while using the latest iCUE and FW for Harpoon Wireless, and while stationary on the surface, I'd recommend putting in a support ticket for a replacement.

https://support.corsair.com/

Last time it occurred the mouse had been sitting stationary, seems to happen more often after its been a few minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
The Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Double-Click Problem is exactly the same. I'm not rolling back mouse firmware, as I'm on the latest v.1.16.107. If new mouse firmware breaks it, then Corsair can troubleshoot regression testing old firmware and submit a firmware fix. I submitted for an RMA replacement, as it's driving me crazy on Cyberpunk 2077. I'm on my 2nd mouse RMA in less than 9 months. I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of build quality. Edited by Spidengo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
The Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Double-Click Problem is exactly the same. I'm not rolling back mouse firmware, as I'm on the latest v.1.16.107. If new mouse firmware breaks it, then Corsair can troubleshoot regression testing old firmware and submit a firmware fix. I submitted for an RMA replacement, as it's driving me crazy on Cyberpunk 2077. I'm on my 2nd mouse RMA in less than 9 months. I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of build quality.

We are working on a similar firmware update for Ironclaw Wireless, and will have the same button optimizations available as Harpoon Wireless from what I understand.

when will the button optimization setting be added?

When will this feature will be available.?

No ETA still, but as soon as the firmware is available, you should receive a push notification through iCUE. One of us will also update the thread for those of you still reverting to the older FW.

Doubleclick issue turned into extra click on release issue.

Harpoon RGB Wireless Mouse; i was experiencing very heavy doubleclick issues which was bought barely a few weeks before. I had the latest firmware installed. After issuing an RMA i also got the downgrade of FW suggested and send by a friendly CS employee; "Harpoon Wireless - Dongle FW 0.5.49 - Mouse FW 0.5.64". This happened August 2020 and solved the doubleclick issue.

Now the following issue is lately becoming more apparent and consistent; extra click on mouse RELEASE. It seems to happen exclusively on hold and release - eg drag and release; and happens both to the leftclick as the rightclick after testing (also when stationary). The sensor registers another click when releasing the button a bit while the actual 'click' on return is not happening yet.

I have tried installing the latest Dongle + Mouse FW via iCUE to check if this might fix this. I have to say the double click issue i had before seems gone with the latest FW (doubleclick was there immediately, but on replugging the cord the issue was gone again), but it does not resolve the extra click on mouse release issue.

Not being able to rely on (not) clicking when you want it to is.. frustrating :laughing:

Be it while gaming or eg working in Excel.

Is this something that can be solved through FW/Software? Or is a RMA recommended?

I'm very happy with other corsair products, like the K55 RGB keyboard, but i kind of hesitate to send the mouse for RMA. The earlier double clicking issue and the posts i read on the forum makes me believe it might be a general - hardware - issue (and i don't want to be without my mouse for a few weeks :biggrin:)