Corsair Community

A feature that could be added in a future iCUE version.

JohnX125

I'm sure someone has already suggested this, but I wanted to share it anyways!:p: So.. all computers have this setting where you can set a certain period of idling time, after which the monitor turns off. But all your peripherals' lights stays on, no matter how long you're not doing anything on your computer. So my idea is this; I think Corsair should add this option in iCUE as well, so if users want to, they can set their peripherals' lights to turn off after not using the computer for a certain period of time. Corsair could also add the option to set iCUE to detect when the OS tells the monitor to turn off, and turn all peripherals' lights off at the same time. I'd love to see this feature added in a future version.. what do you guys think?

Good idea, but I wonder if such a feature can be simply added via software or needs to be stored into a firmware... and not all devices have this possibility.

For example, I have a Logitech G560 as audio output... when the system goes idle lights are still there (even when the pc is powered off), and the community has been asking to turn them completely off for months (I can just imagine having a couple of those speakers in my bedroom at night), but Logitech has replayed that it’s just impossible.

Baio

Good idea, but I wonder if such a feature can be simply added via software or needs to be stored into a firmware... and not all devices have this possibility.

For example, I have a Logitech G560 as audio output... when the system goes idle lights are still there (even when the pc is powered off), and the community has been asking to turn them completely off for months (I can just imagine having a couple of those speakers in my bedroom at night), but Logitech has replayed that it’s just impossible.

Baio

I think it can be done through software, since you can control most of Corsair keyboards, mice etc. through iCUE profiles. They could for example add a feature which if enabled, it would override the lighting options of the selected profile and temporarily set all lighting to 0, thus turning off keyboard and mouse lights after a certain period of idling. That's one way of implementing it.

Edited by JohnX125