Corsair Community

Lightbar LEDs stuck in Type Lighting (ripple) effect

Poganin

So I got me a nice shiny K95 RGB Platinum, and since I like the ripple effect I set it as my default, but I have just noticed an issue with the leftmost and rightmost lightbar LEDs in this effect.

Namely, after the colour ripple passes over the whole keyboard the leftmost and rightmost LEDs on the lightbar remain stuck in the colour of the last ripple until another key is pressed and another colour ripple passes over the keyboard, which causes the new colour to get stuck on either the rightmost or the leftmost LED. The LED that gets stuck is usually the one furthest from the key pressed.

So if I press "S", for example, the LED on the right side of the lightbar will be stuck, but if I press ENTER on the NumPad, the left LED will be stuck. I have also noticed that the LED under the NumPad ENTER key sometimes getting stick too.

Any idea what's causing this and how to prevent this from happening other than stop using this particular effect?

I attached it to this post. I hope I did it right.

I fiddled with stuff and the issue seems to have disappeared after I changed the polling frequency in CUE to 8 ms, which I believe resets the keyboard or something because it switches off for a few seconds. The stuck LED issue stopped after this reset and hasn't occurred again, but I'll be keeping an eye out to see if it happens again.

default.cueprofile

Archived