Corsair Community

About the Corsair H60... (pump noises)

Lazlofggt

Greetings fellow members of the corsair forums, today i wanted to request some time from you all to answer some questions about the Corsair H60 water cooler. So, about it, mine have been doing noises since the day i built my pc, it is worth mentioning that this is not my first build using the H60, i had a previous one wich unfortunately was burned by an adapter i try to used. Anyways, i will link a video i uploaded a few days ago so you can listen the noises and know which version of the H60 i have (i believe is the 2013 version) [ame=

]
[/ame]

I'm pretty sure the PUMP is guilty of the noises, not the rad fan. So, after some insight (once again) into how to properly set the H60, i came across some post around here saying that the PUMP should actually be wired to any SYS_FAN header on the motherboard to allow the PUMP to work at full 12v at all times by configuring the BIOS fan settings, and the rad fan on the CPU_FAN header, same thing i was told on the Tom's Hardware forums. The thing is that, i had the H60 wired on the opposite way, having the PUMP on the CPU_FAN header and the rad fan to the SYS_FAN 1 header, and even after changing it, noise won't go away. Temperatures are perfectly fine and stable, i don't have any complains about that

So, i'm starting to be annoyed by all of this, and i beg for some help into how to set this thing properly so i can fix the noise (since apparently, the noise is cause by not having it well installed and configured) or at the very least, know why it makes such noises.

I have a Gigabyte motherboard, the H370 HD3 and i have been warned that this is not a good Mobo for water cooling solutions, but i needed this Mobo in particular because of the amount of PCI-e connectors it has. Anyways, the BIOS Smart Fan 5 configs needed to be set by myself to make the H60 work well, and it has a lot of options in the configurations that i don't understand, so if you people need to know how i configured it as of now, i will provided it, but i hope the information i provided is enough for you to help me with all of this. To finish with this, i hope i have explained myself good enough and gaved you some insight into all of this, i really wish to understand this for once. Thank you for your time and pacience.

That doesn't sound like a rackety fan. It does sound like a pump with some ailing mechanics. Sys_fan vs CPU_FAN doesn't matter, as long as the one powering the pump is set to 100%/Full Speed/Disabled or whatever language your BIOS uses to describe a 12v power signal. If you have not done this, the pump won't make its 4000-4400 RPM target speed.

However, I suspect the 12v signal is not the issue and this unit is seeing the end of its days. If the pump speed is low because of fan control, up to 100% and see if it changes tune. If not, contact Corsair Tech Support if you are still within your 5 year (or current warranty). It sounds like this one is about worn out.

That doesn't sound like a rackety fan. It does sound like a pump with some ailing mechanics. Sys_fan vs CPU_FAN doesn't matter, as long as the one powering the pump is set to 100%/Full Speed/Disabled or whatever language your BIOS uses to describe a 12v power signal. If you have not done this, the pump won't make its 4000-4400 RPM target speed.

However, I suspect the 12v signal is not the issue and this unit is seeing the end of its days. If the pump speed is low because of fan control, up to 100% and see if it changes tune. If not, contact Corsair Tech Support if you are still within your 5 year (or current warranty). It sounds like this one is about worn out.

Man, i trully hope they can help me out with this, as for you, thank you aswell for your answer, i will ensure the whole thing is working fine. One more thing tho, if the H60 is going to stop working, what will happen? i hope nothing happens to the rest of the components.

Well, I am afraid "the help" is going to be sending you a new cooler and you returning the current one to them. If you don't have the purchase receipt or are no longer covered by the warranty, you should start looking for a replacement. Or if you have an upgrade in mind, now is the time.

When will it die? Absolutely no way to tell. People who don't know better have gone 1-2 years in this state, living with the noise. However, a more cautious prediction is the cooler won't make it to the end. Regardless, the reason to move on this is the noise. I could not tolerate that for long.

Archived