Corsair Community

The Mystery of the K65 (non-RGB)

RampantBiologic

I've decided I'd like a tenkey-less board, and picked up Corsair's Vengeance K65 with Cherry MX Reds. After a day of use, I really like the K65. However, I just don't understand why the K65 is the way it is...

The K60 has an "FPS Wrist Rest" with dedicated media keys and the really cool volume drum, but the K65 has...nothing like it? I mean, it has rudimentary media keys (and I understand that it's a smaller design therefore less space for media keys [and I know it has the FN+F9-F12 keys]), but why no wrist rest? Why doesn't it even have the necessary underside slot for the K60's wrist rest? Did the drafter just forget it? Why doesn't it have two slots, and it's own full length wrist rest, even for an extra cost? Does it really add that much extra cost to production to mold a slot on each side? The K70 has three, from what I can tell, is that where the K65's went? I get that it's cheaper than the K60 and the K70, but then why not call it a "K55"?

Are there any plans for a "K75" that's tenkey-less with the upgraded media keys (or at least the drum) with a wrist rest (or at least the slots!)? I also question the idea of putting the ESC/FN row so close to the number row, while this is a "compact" keyboard from side to side, it's the same or longer from front to back... I'd definitely pay $110 to $130 (the range between the K60 & K70) for something like that, basically an upgraded K65.

Lastly, and not solely aimed at the K65, why would any gaming-centric keyboard have a non-stepped Caps Lock key?

The Vengeance K65 didn't have included dedicated media keys or a wrist rest to keep costs low. We did eventually include a wrist-rest due to demand on the K65 RGB, however.

So the decision to not mold wrist rest slots into the K65's case was also to keep costs low? I'm not asking for a wrist rest in the box, I'm wondering why the ability to attach a Corsair Vengenace wrist rest was "removed" from what's essentially a smaller K60; after all, the K60 and K90 were first and the K65 came later.

Archived