Corsair Community

New to CUE need help with lighting effects

Hi guys.

So I just last week got into the world of RGB, by purchasing a Corsair STRAFE RGB, and an MM800 RGB Polaris.

I started messing around with the CUE software, and I get a grasp of the "basics" but I would like to expand my knowledge and skills and be able to make my own custom light effects.

I have just a few questions about using the software.

-Right now I really want to make an effect sort of like the "Visor" effect where a "strip" of light scrolls across the keyboard, and then bounces to the other side.

However, I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work. I have it working to a degree, where a strip of light scrolls across from left to right, and then another one from the right to left.

They are scrolling at the same time, and instead of making a "bounce" from one side to the other, it looks like 2 waves of color are just scrolling at each other from either side and meeting in the middle.

Any help?

I've messed with the lighting times, and that doesn't seem to help at all.

-There are also sometimes where my lighting profile will be working one way, and then they sort of "Desync" and the effects transition from the correct timing, then at times they are off time.

Is this my doing? It seems rather unstable. As I'll get an effect to look great, and then minutes later it sort of has plateaus of being correct and being off.

-Also, I haven't figured out how to synchronize my mousepad and my keyboard, is it possible to do this with an advanced lighting effect?

Also, I am running CUE 2.15.83 if anyone is curious.

Archived