Corsair Community

corsair h115i with noctua nf-a14 industrial 3000

sk2536

Hello,

1) Can i use noctua nf-a14 industrialppc-3000 pwm fans with h115i .

2) Since fans are connected to pump ,will pump supply enough power to these fans . The fans are rated at 6.66 watt each .

3) Do i have to connect sata power cable to psu?

Thanks and regards.

Yes, you can run them. However, you are unlikely to recognize a cooling difference in that upper range. The amount of airflow through the radiator is not normally the limiting factor. I don't see meaningful cooling differences above 1600 with the identical blade 2000 rpm model in a larger watt system. Also, the 3000 rpm model will have an 800-850 minimum speed, compared to 400-500 on the 2000 rpm model. If they are for special circumstances only, that is one thing, but it's a lot of fan for everyday use.

As others say, you really don't need high RPMs. The benefit of a huge radiator is that it actually requires very little airflow to work very well.

I run my noctua A14 fans at 1k, and it's silent while my CPU never goes above 60C. That is with full burn-test loads. With normal usage, looking at my max temp in the monitor for this session (several days of running) - it's 51C. Water temps do not exceed 40C.

No need to run a turbine in your system, let the big radiators radiate. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have 4X Noctua NF A14 industrialPPC-2000 in a Push/Pull configuration and couldn't be happier, minus the price...

Much quieter than the stock blenders that were emitting some sort of audible frequency that was driving me crazy.

Some say Push/Pull won't make much a diff on water temps with this rad which is probably true, but it helped drop my case temps 5c which helps my GPU run cooler. Mine is setup as intake.

Go with the 2000's for the lower idle speeds. They are silent under 900 RPM and I haven't seen them go much higher than 900 RPM doing everyday tasks with everything set to quiet.

I have a h100i v2 & I replaced the stock jet engine fans with Noctua NF-F12 fans, they are 1500rpm max opposed to the 2500rpm max stock fans. I'm very very happy with the upgrade, the temps only dropped 2c but the upgrade was mainly for the noise reduction. I never considered the stock fans over 1150rpm fans because they were so loud above that rpm.

I now run my noctuas at 1200ish rpm & let them kick up to 1500(max) if I get above 70c which is very rare, however they are almost dead silent at max as well. I wouldn't recommend going higher RPM fans the temp difference, if any.. isn't worth the noise. Even noctua will be loud at that RPM.

Archived