Corsair Community

PUBG is constantly crashing iCue

RockandGrohl

Ever since update 6.1 or whatever, every time I launch PUBG, it crashes iCue and I need to restart. Now, it is crashing when I alt-tab back in.

Application: iCUE.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 74B97D03

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.25.60.0, time stamp: 0x5e31c5e7

Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.13.1.0, time stamp: 0x5d6a32fb

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00197d03

Faulting process ID: 0x527c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5f56679e7f09b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Qt5Core.dll

Report ID: 2a84888a-b25b-401c-af15-1f41f9b8730c

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

That's from the Event Viewer.

I'm posting here because the PUBG devs are honestly a bunch of incompetent idiots and this **** is so far down their radar next to the plethora of bugs, I hope Corsair can fix this instead of Bluehole. Cheers.

Yeah sure, sorry I didn't before.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Ryzen 3600 (no drivers or management installed)

GTX 1070 FTW with latest Nvidia drivers, Nvidia low latency mode is OFF

Asus Prime X370 Pro (iCue works with this)

1TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe

Think that's everything.

Ryzen 3600 with a X370 Pro Board is not really recommend. This can be a Mainboard Problem. Need minimum best x470. Better a x570. You can deinstall ICUE and delete all Corsair Icue folder in Appdata and another folders. Reinstall it after Restart and after Reinstall reboot your System

So ... I suspect that it may be due to the Aura integration and the anti-cheat detection software. Apparently, some cheat tools have been known to "hide" as add-ons to Aura (or something like this) and so at least one anti-cheat package is now triggering on iCUE. While Corsair is working on this, you may want to try disabling add-ins in iCUE and see if that resolves the issue.

• 4 weeks later...
So ... I suspect that it may be due to the Aura integration and the anti-cheat detection software. Apparently, some cheat tools have been known to "hide" as add-ons to Aura (or something like this) and so at least one anti-cheat package is now triggering on iCUE. While Corsair is working on this, you may want to try disabling add-ins in iCUE and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks for this tip. I would have never guessed the aura sync plugin for Icue was the problem. I just tried this and yes it worked for me. I went into Icue settings and unchecked enable add ons, restarted Icue. Launched PUBG and Icue did NOT crash. So, it has to be the Asus aura sync plug in for Icue. Now even with it disabled, Icue still is controlling all the RGB, memory rgb and motherboard rgb except on Graphics card. So all is good for now. :biggrin: