Corsair Community

MAC OS X - SSD Force GS 240 - 5.05A

robsonmafra

I am having problems with the SSD Force GS 240 - 5.05A. It's much more slow than my previous HD.

I have a Macbook PRO (Early 2011), i5, 2.3 GHz, 8GB RAM, Boot ROOM Version MBP81.0047.B27.

I have tried:

1 - Clean install OS Mavericks (Format the SSD)

2 - Clean install Again the OS Mavericks (Format the SSD)

3 - Clean install OS Mountain Lion (Format the SSD)

4 - Reset the PRAM, VNRAM, etc

5 - I check with "SSD Toolbox" in a Windows PC and it says it's ok and 5.05A is the last firmware version.

Is there a way to check if the SSD has a problem?

Signs of an SSD being faulty would be; drive is dropping out, not being detected on boot, corrupt files and slow performance, etc.

I'm not sure if ATTO can run a benchmark of the SSD since its in a different file system. I'd try it first. If it doesn't work. You can secure erase the SSD and reinstall Mavericks and see if that helps.

I think ATTO doesn't have a OSX version. I will try another benchmark tool.

You mentioned about erase and reinstall, I have already done 3 times (2x reinstalling Mavericks and 1x Mountain Lion), and the problem persist, very slow and I have also frequently 5~10 seconds freezing.

I have exactly same situation with the OSX 10.9 on MBP late 2012 and the Force 3 240. After 16 month of perfect work 3 days ago drive became "zombie". It is visible for system, but when I try to reinstall system on it I received info that drive is corrupted. More over - this drive is working perfectly as the external disk (on FireWire/USB3), but when I put it back to MBP – again info about corrupted disk. There is no problem with other drives that I use as the replacement. Very strange behavior. I sent mine to service.

Archived