Corsair Community

Corsair H115i Platinum RGB Issues

zeewop

Hi all,

I hope I have posted this in the right place.

I've just built a PC from entirely brand new parts, and everything was working fine until I installed my new H115i Platinum cooler.

I am now having RGB issues with the ML fans provided with the cooler. I am beginning to suspect this is some kind of compatibility/software issue.

The RGB on the pump header works fine, and is fully detected and configurable with iCue. The iCue software has an option for configuration of the two ML fans, however changing the settings has no effect whatsoever. The 1st fan has a constant green LED lit up on only the left side of the fan, and the 2nd fan intermittently lights up with a red LED on the right side.

The fans are connected directly to the RGB connectors from the pump header.

If someone can please advise me on the usual steps to troubleshoot, I work in the industry and am savvy enough to try different things, would appreciate any pointers you can provide.

Cheers,

Z

Try swapping the two RGB wires on the connector from the pump. The lighting effects are serial, so if LED #6 on fan 1 is a dead end, things stop there. If you swap and the new "fan #1" now lights up and the other still does the same half green thing, then you have narrowed it to 1 fan vs the lighting controller in the unit.

If you have another Lighting Controller (Lighting Node Pro, Core, or Commander Pro), you can also move the fans to that to try and pin in on a particular fan vs the unit itself. If it is the lighting controller in Platinum, I am not sure what can be done. Maybe a firmware flash, but for that or fan replacement you'll need Corsair support. Go ahead and start a Support Ticket from the main Corsair site or there is a quick link in the header at the top of this page.