Corsair Community

Corsair HS35 and my iPhone

treena_marie

I am having some trouble. In these weird times, we are being asked to work from home. I work in a call centre and have to link my iphone 8XR to my network and have to keep my phone charged at all times. So seeing as how this phone has no headphone jack and only a charging jack, I had to buy an iphone splitter. I have the splitter in my phone and my corsair HS35 headset in one and my charger in the other. Now, the trouble I am having is, I thought I would test out the headphones by calling someone before I start my shift and when I call out, the person on the other end cant hear me. I have turned mute off, turned the volume up and have placed the microphone in the correct spot. Yet, I still cannot hear well or the person on the other end cannot hear me. Do I need another cable? Do I need to input a certain setting on my phone? I can use the headphones for listening to music but I just cant figure out why I cant hear anything when I place a call. My computer runs on windows 10 if that helps anything. Please help me

• 7 months later...
I don't have a iPhone but my current Android phone doesn't have a jack either and I use a splitter. I've noticed w these is you have to plug the headphones in after you plug the splitter in or reset the headphone jack plug (unplug/replug) if you plug the power in. I'm always forgetting to hit the button for the mic to work. (I usually use discord)

• Corsair Employee
I am having some trouble. In these weird times, we are being asked to work from home. I work in a call centre and have to link my iphone 8XR to my network and have to keep my phone charged at all times. So seeing as how this phone has no headphone jack and only a charging jack, I had to buy an iphone splitter. I have the splitter in my phone and my corsair HS35 headset in one and my charger in the other. Now, the trouble I am having is, I thought I would test out the headphones by calling someone before I start my shift and when I call out, the person on the other end cant hear me. I have turned mute off, turned the volume up and have placed the microphone in the correct spot. Yet, I still cannot hear well or the person on the other end cannot hear me. Do I need another cable? Do I need to input a certain setting on my phone? I can use the headphones for listening to music but I just cant figure out why I cant hear anything when I place a call. My computer runs on windows 10 if that helps anything. Please help me

I would double check with the manufacturer if the splitter you purchased will accept a 4 pole 3.5mm connection. If it only accepts 3 pole headsets, you'll only have audio playback and no mic functionality.