Corsair Community

Merlin99

I just bought this case and my motherboard does not have a 12v header for installing the RGB Splitter cable. What do I do now.

Will the CORSAIR RGB Fan LED Hub fix my problems. Don't want to spend another $70-$90 for some controller. If I knew I had to do that never would of bought the case Thanks:biggrin:

Ok, As I'm a ET (Electronics Tech) were can I get a print out of that splitter cable and steal 12v or 5v volts from somewhere (Sata Plug). The colors won't change but they will be lit up. Corsair should of given me more info up front.

analog 12V 5050 Analog RGB connector

|---------- Pin 1 Black - as marked on connector 12 Volts

|---------- Pin 2 Green - Ground green return

|---------- Pin 3 Red - Ground Red return

|---------- Pin 3 Blue - Ground Blue return

So if I put 12 volts to pin1 and ground each of the other three the indicated

color will light

Unfortunately found a a website that had a data sheet, and it shows pin 1 5volts pin 2 as data pin 3 clock and pin 4 as ground. !!!!!!

One side of that "Analog RGB connector" goes to the lights what does the other end connect to

If you have a motherboard and it does not have a 12v RGB Header you can get the primary colors (Static) by the following procedure

Order, get, a RGB ext cable and plug it into the 4 pin RGB cable from the fans cut off the connector on the other end. OR, a better way to go is use the male to male plug that come with the cable.

Get a SATA power cable or the older Molex cable that you used to power your drives/DVD etc. Connect (solder) 12 volts (The yellow wire on your power cable) to the RGB cable's plug with the arrow ( IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS STOP HERE AND FIND A TECH).

Then if you ground (black power cable wire) any of the RGB cable's Red, Green and Blue wires you will get that color. Grounding different combo of the RGB wires will give a bunch of different colors.

$3.99 for the RGB ext Cable and I had the power cable in my junk drawer